LondonDev has released "BroadTooth System"!

Guest CEO

broadtooth_intro2.gif

What is BroadTooth?

BroadTooth is the Bluetooth broadcasting system provided by LondonDev Limited.

What is BroadTooth marketing solution?

This innovative BroadTooth marketing solution uses standard Bluetooth technology with our own message management software. This enables you to send multiple advertisements and messages to passing phones and review the success of the broadcast in real time.

* BroadTooth technology simply delivers your sales message into the hand of potential customers. Imagine the potential of your sales messages appearing on the phones & PDA's of passers-by who permit transmission by pressing the 'receive' button.

* BroadTooth is the process of sending information with Bluetooth technology. The BroadTooth Software can send multimedia files, graphic advertisements and animated GIF Files to Bluetooth-enabled mobile Phones and PDA's to anyone up to 30 metres way.

* BroadTooth offers mobile and fixed location use. This flexibility is most useful in high density audience situations. The software can be installed and run from a lap top computer with a Bluetooth dongle.

* BroadTooth in high density audiences (e.g. sports and music events or mainline rail terminals) offers the ideal opportunity to send over 1000 messages an hour directly. To improve results further, circulating through the crowd provides an even wider audience for your advertisement to be received.

* BroadTooth can transmit from any location near a source of potential customers. Retail opportunities for this form of 'proximity marketing' are almost limitless, including sales messages for in store offers, messaging to passing pedestrians and drivers of the 'offer of the day' or the teaser-ad approach to brand building. Other possibilities include catering, offices, transport, public information and all forms of sports & leisure events, concerts, public and trade exhibitions, and strategic corporate and shopping centre applications.

* BroadTooth from multiple locations can be managed from a single location via a LAN, using different messages and campaign formats and timings, facilitating continuous test-marketing and immediate response to local market factors.

What is BroadTooth supported device?

BroadTooth software can send your customised message to all the Bluetooth-enabled mobile Phones and PDAs. The object system could be all the major mobile systems in the market: Symbian, Microsoft Windows Mobile, Palm, Linux etc. These almost include 95% mobile systems in the market.

What can I do next?

Please [email protected]contact us for more information.

BroadTooth Homepage

bs.gif

Edited by CEO

Guest shadamehr

When are we gonna get a WM5.0 version of SmartFilter?

I appreciate I'm going Off Topic a bit, but you ignored my post in the SmartFilter thread itself...

Guest Socrates

I'm not sure how I feel about this technology. does this mean that everytime a I pass by a broadtooth broadast I'm going to have to push no or deny or something to keep the spam off my phone? Sounds a little intrusive.

Guest skyfox01_99
I'm not sure how I feel about this technology. does this mean that everytime a I pass by a broadtooth broadast I'm going to have to push no or deny or something to keep the spam off my phone? Sounds a little intrusive.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree. Don't we get enough crap through email? Thats just far too instrusive. If it was an opt-in service it would be a bit more acceptable but to spam any and every device within range is totally unacceptable.

Just my 2p... take it or leave it.

Yes, I know, people don't like spam, but if the spam going with promotion code, I think some people will like it.

Actually, the smart way to do advertise is going with a promotion code. :)

Thank you for any business, we are in London, United Kindom.

Guest Samsonite

i have to agree with other here... A little too much like unsolicited mail to me.

I appreciate the marketing aspect in that it is another medium being used to begin the actual money extraction service offered but i dont think the technology on the device suits it.

What happens if you dont respond to the incoming request and then go out of range? The permission request would still be on most phones' screens afaik and i cant beleive my phone wouldnt lock up if i tried to download a file that now wasn't there...

only a little quirk on some devices maybe but annoying nonetheless...

Another thought is that its completely untargeted in the passer by scenario. I have a nagging doubt that this technology is gonna end up in the adult market and there is nothing to assess the age or suitability of who recieves the meassage.

to me, this is simply a variation on marketing SMS's and they ain't cool!

Yes, I know, people don't like spam, but if the spam going with promotion code, I think some people will like it.

Actually, the smart way to do advertise is going with a promotion code. :)

Thank you for any business, we are in London, United Kindom.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

But be realistic - how often will you get a genuine validation code? its just like spammers - "oh here is your promotion code for a free trip to...barbados"... has it ever happened? no

Edited by Tech

Guest djfuego

I suppose you can just fix your BT to not accept any connections or turn off BT.

I'd like to Shoot the guy that let them get away with it. It's SPAM and I don't like SPAM!!!

The system looks like: when you walk on the street, someone dispatch a advertising card for you etc.

The system can be used broadly in business, not only for the advertisement.

:) :D

Guest djfuego
Whilst I appreciate it has many uses, surely the use of it for unsolicited marketing would be illegal under the recent law changes?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Pshhh... Yeah like anyone cares. If it's there it's gonna get abused.

You just have to take a look in your yahoo/hotmail account to see the crazy amounts of spam that gets 'Filtered'. not to mention Legitemate spam.. if that's what you dare to cal it.

Yes it may have it's uses. But i'm pretty sure that it's real motive is S P A M.

Guest awarner [MVP]

If it was an opt in service then ok and it should be made as such, otherwise it's just an invasion of privacy. The only thing this would make me do is turn my phone off.

oh dear god no!

totally agree with the other comments, this is spam and will just piss people off and thereby start killing off BT (and like it's not already struggling cos of setup issues and different stack problems)

personally I wouldn't want to see this happen

Guest shadamehr

This kind of thing was supposedly trialled recently with TERRIBLE feedback.

The ultimate plan was "walking past the display board in Picadilly Circus, and whatever type of advertisment was currently shown on the electronic board, this same company's advert would be beamed to your phone by BT".

Nokia were allegedly one of the participants in this.

It all came crashing down when it was pointed out ot Nokia that for it to even work, people had to Accept BT Beams from a non-trusted device, and this is the very thing that Nokia tell users NEVER to do in every single one of their handset manuals.

Er, BIG boo-boo on their part even thinking about it.

But let me be clear, whilst I do not deride CEO, or would seek to prevent him making a financial living, I MUST point out to you CEO, that for this to even begin to work, the end user/recipient has to do the very thing that every single handset manufacturer tells you EXACTLY NOT TO DO, and that is:

1) Run in BT unsecured mode, and,

2) Accept unsolicited incoming BT transfers from none-trusted/unknown devices.

And if a user DOES do this, then the incoming data could absolutely be a virus or malicious code etc.

The end user has absolutely no way at all to know that the incoming data is from your application.

I would VERY MUCH appreciate your comments on this therefore CEO...?

How does Mr Cannybody, walking down the High Street, and getting an alert on his phone asking if he wants to "accept data from 'xyz device' ?" know that it is a safe advertisment sent from one of your servers/applications, and not a malicious code/virus from nasty joe the hacker...?

I'm curious...

Edited by shadamehr

Guest chucky.egg

Am I the only one who thinks this has potential then?

At work we spend bloody hours walking around to make sure people have got messages about systems going down etc

Using this we could potentially brocast a message to all staff in seconds, leaving IT staff to get on with the rest of their job.

I dont want McDonalds adverts sent to me every 100 yards down the high street (Burger King might be a different story though), but I keep BT turned off until I want it anyway.

Guest spacemonkey

It covers almost 95% of mobile devices....

But it'll only work for the much smaller proportion that have:

a) Bluetooth turned on

:) Bluetooth discoverable

So it's unsolicited bluetooth spamming but only if your discoverable which means you'll be getting bluejacked anyway.

I do like the idea that someone mentioned that said this may get you free tickets from a virgin.

Every Marketing persons dream, a service that can annoy the public even more, once it's up and running leave it a couple of months before releasing the filter (the antidote) and if enough people are being pestered by the service you should make enough money off the filter.

Classic marketing at it's best, create the demand first and then supply that demand you have created.

....this is also known a BLUE JACKING....search the web and see what you find about THAT issue ;o)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, Blue Spamming actually. I thought most BT phones were sent BT on and unsecured? Otherwise why can I Blue Jack so many phones when I am in the pub? Haven't done it for a couple of years so maybe they now send them off and secure?

Well, Blue Spamming actually. I thought most BT phones were sent BT on and unsecured? Otherwise why can I Blue Jack so many phones when I am in the pub? Haven't done it for a couple of years so maybe they now send them off and secure?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

well I am not that much into blue jacking or blue spamming, but I know that on my P900 I could blue jack people in the train and bus etc, as long a their phone was in discover mode....I am not sure about the secure stuff, but I would believe that if the phone was set to secure mode (can that be done anyway ??!!) then I wouldn't be able to blue jack as I didn't have the appropriate password...I might be wrong though...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.