HTC Wizard deleting emails after download?

Guest Squarep

Guest Squarep

Is anyone else having their emails deleted after requesting the full text of an email and then running "Send/Receive" in the HTC Wizard?

The following shows the problem that I see:

(1) Configure a Gmail account profile in the Wizard to "Get message headers only" and "Include 20 KB of message body"

(2) Sync the email (Send/Receive) and download a message bigger than the limit (eg 21/28K)

(3) Open the email, and then click "Get entire message and any attachments (28K)", which changes the link to "Message and all attachments will download next time you connect and receive e-mail."

(4) Click OK (and confirm the email is still in the list), then "Menu" -> "Send/Receive"

(5) Wait for the full email to download (29K in this case)

(6) Click OK, then "Menu" -> "Send/Receive" again

The downloaded email then disappears from the list and is apparently deleted from the Wizard (leaving every other email untouched in the list). Because the POP3 flag is still set the message can't be downloaded again.

Can anyone else replicate this behaviour, or does anyone know if this is specific to the HTC Wizard, Gmail or Windows Mobile 5?

I think thats specific to gmail if memory serves, those mails are not deleted on gmail if you were to check via the web. For some strange reason once the message was read it didnt show up again once another mail sweep was performed.

ntil later

Jim

Guest Squarep
I think thats specific to gmail if memory serves, those mails are not deleted on gmail if you were to check via the web. For some strange reason once the message was read it didnt show up again once another mail sweep was performed.

ntil later

Jim

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for the feedback - I dug a bit deeper into the Gmail forums and it looks like they are implementing POP differently to other providers:

http://www.gmailforums.com/lofiversion/index.php/t8066.html

Will just have to live with it until Google change the mail checking process ...