Bluetooth Activesync 4.1

Guest FrankyG

Guest FrankyG

Hi,

Has anyone been able to sync via bluetooth? I just can't do it, and suspect it might be the toshiba bluetooth drivers on my XP SP2 laptop. It's a Dell 9200 laptop with a Dell truemobile 350 bluetooth module.

When I try to initiate activesync from the M5000, it tells me that 'cannot find an existing bluetooth partnership with a PC that supports activesync. Would you like to set up a partnership now?' So I answer yes, create a new partnership, set up a serial port, add an outgoing port (matched to the laptop activesync connection port), but NOTHING happens!! I go back to the M5000 and try to initiate activesync-back to where I started. it's getting frustrating :evil: Anyone get any suggestions on how to get this working?

Many thanks,

FrankyG

Hello there...what was the solution? I have a dell inspiron 6000 with a belkin pcmcia card and cannot get a sync...on windows xp pro fully updated from clean install using activesync 4.1...thanks;)

Guest Confucious

Must admit I hadn't set it up so i got home and tried and my Exec wouldn't recognise any services on my PC.

So after trying a couple of things I added an outgoing Serial port on the PC, and it worked no probs.

HTH

• 4 weeks later...

I've got this exact same problem. Toshiba Bluetooth drivers, and ActiveSync v4.1. I have tried everything I can think of and still nothing.

Can anyone explain to me in simple terms how to set up a bluetooth connection via AS? Right now AS just says it can't connect, despite me creating a server COM port on port 15, and specifying that in AS.

Wizard

• 10 months later...
Guest ThEhEaDoFaBrOoM
I've got this exact same problem. Toshiba Bluetooth drivers, and ActiveSync v4.1. I have tried everything I can think of and still nothing.

Can anyone explain to me in simple terms how to set up a bluetooth connection via AS? Right now AS just says it can't connect, despite me creating a server COM port on port 15, and specifying that in AS.

Wizard

Me neither... I've tried oh so hard, I have set up two ports on my smartphone, Com 6 going out specificaly to my laptop, and com 7 coming in. I've then gone to activesync and had it scan both ports... what can I be doing wrong?

• 8 months later...
Guest bigbirdmarco
Me neither... I've tried oh so hard, I have set up two ports on my smartphone, Com 6 going out specificaly to my laptop, and com 7 coming in. I've then gone to activesync and had it scan both ports... what can I be doing wrong?

I struggled with this for two days. I JUST got everything installed correctly

and ran a successful bluetooth synch.

Key things I found out.

1) Uninstall any bluetooth drivers.

2) Uninstall ActiveSync

3) Install appropriate bluetooth drivers BEFORE installing ActiveSync

4) Install the latest version of ActiveSync right from Microsoft - its free.

5) BEFORE you tell the phone to "Connect Via Bluetooth", make sure that

ActiveSync is Installed, Running AND has the Connections Settings pointing

to the Bluetooth Virtual COM port - typically COM7. If you don't so this, you

will never see the ActiveSync Service available on the PDA side and you will

never get it to sync.

• 7 months later...