Whats happened to Ruttensoft?

Guest Looby

I have the brilliant Ruttensoft Homescreen Designer that I have used with great success on WM2003SE screens. I have since moved on to WM5. Anyone know whats going on with them regarding the future? :)

Not sure as to their future but i always felt you were a bit restricted using Ruttensoft so why not look into xml coding? Its not at all hard when you get the just of it. Just take a look at other peoples work and with a bit of common sense you can work out what each tag does. (For examples of WM5.0 homescreens made using xml go to Kleinweders Site Here :D)

You can also create more complex homescreens using other plug ins such as Smart Monitor, Facade and the Orange Plug in for those Orange users. Enough blabbing... sorry ive gone off topic a bit :)

Edited by w411y

I dont believe you have to worry about messing your phone up when installing a homescreen! The worst that can happen is that it wont load the homescreen.

***My 300th Post :D I've now gone Diehard :twisted: :) ***

Edited by w411y

Guest shadamehr

No mate - tried, tried and tried again to do this manually - no show.

But with Ruttensoft I made some amazing screens for my old C500.

SO you are entrirely correct in one respect - heavy and serious stuff is better when done Manually - but IF and ONLY IF, you are good at doing things manually.

And as the posts on here now show, most of us found Ruttensoft the way to go...

You hard core coders, good on you.

But us not so? We need Ruttensoft.

Guest C++ Developer
...why not look into xml coding? Its not at all hard when you get the just of it. Just take a look at other peoples work and with a bit of common sense you can work out what each tag does. (For examples of WM5.0 homescreens made using xml go to Kleinweders Site Here :D)

You can also create more complex homescreens using other plug ins such as Smart Monitor, Facade and the Orange Plug in for those Orange users. Enough blabbing... sorry ive gone off topic a bit :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am also new to this but as my name suggest I am a coder so have no fear of XML. I didn't see anything on the Kleinweders of a technical nature, just examples of his work. How would I go about creating a homescreen and then compiling the XML and images into the required .hme file? Do you have a link?

Can you give a small review of Smart Monitor, Facade and the Orange Plug (plug-in to what?) please.

I spent a little time looking for a homescreen designer but few seem to handle the QVGA screen res.

I am also new to this but as my name suggest I am a coder so have no fear of XML. I didn't see anything on the Kleinweders of a technical nature, just examples of his work. How would I go about creating a homescreen and then compiling the XML and images into the required .hme file? Do you have a link?

Can you give a small review of Smart Monitor, Facade and the Orange Plug (plug-in to what?) please.

I spent a little time looking for a homescreen designer but few seem to handle the QVGA screen res.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have posted a Tutorial .... Click Here

Dont worry about Ruttensoft.... MiG:UK is in the middle of building his own QVGA Homescreen Maker... Click here