Browse folders on wifi network with sp5m?

Guest scrattyrat

Guest scrattyrat

Using wifi on my sp5m is it possible to browse network folders, or is there any apps that provide this functionality? For instance id like to browse my music folder on my home wifi network, but cant seem to see any way to do this.

Thanks

Edited by scrattyrat

Guest cellchamp
Thats not available on smartphone OS.  Resco say they're going to add it into their explorer soon

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

me too cant wait for this feature!!

i was actually wanting this feature for my new application for you guys... and others

but... I am on the case as always :)

so, I currently am making a file explorer for network file exploring however it would be a bit of a challange as last time I tried on the C500, there was no way to do it as it gave me a good few errors!

Wonder if .NET 2.0 has a feature that solves it...

Guest scrattyrat

Looeee,

i have tcpmp installed on my phone but cannot see any options settings that appear to involve the use of webservers or anything like that - could you point me in the right direction at all? Is this a method you have actually used over wifi yourself?

Also am looking around now for apache web server but am not sure where to look - do you have a link?

Thanks,

John

Edited by scrattyrat

Looeee,

i have tcpmp installed on my phone but cannot see any options settings that appear to involve the use of webservers or anything like that - could you point me in the right direction at all? Is this a method you have actually used over wifi yourself?

Also am looking around now for apache web server but am not sure where to look - do you have a link?

Thanks,

John

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

you can get apache for windows here

If you use WindowsXP Pro (not sure about home edition) and have your XP CDROM handy you could instead install IIS by going to Control Panel->Add/Remove Programs->Add/Remove Windows Components

Select "Internet Information Services(IIS)" and hit Next>

You now have IIS installed so go to Control Panel->Administrative Tools->Internet Information Services->Web Sites

Right-Click on Default Web Site->new->virtual directory called mp3, pointing at your music.

Now Right-Click on mp3->Properties->Virtual Directory and enable Directory Browsing. hit OK

[Apache has a different way of setting up virtual directories which I can guide you through if necc]

On the phone go to Internet Explorer->Menu->Address Bar and type http://yourcomputername/mp3

You'll see a list of your mp3s which'll all play nicely on the phone

looeee

Guest scrattyrat

Thanks Looeee,

i dont have xp pro unfortunately, but now i understand the priciple im fairly confident i can configure apache to do the same thing. Thanks so much for the help :)

Cheers

scrattyrat

• 3 weeks later...
Guest looeee

OK, so I didn't have it set up when I gave you that advice, but I have now ... and everything works a treat.

With apache on my desktop pc, from TCPMP i go File->Open File->Options->Enter URL

type the ip address of my pc (http://192.168.0.5) and TCPMP's web browser (yes really, TCPMP has a web browser) shows the files and folders on the server and streams them over the WiFi.

looeee