Mobius 2005: Motorola Q coming to CDMA first

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul [MVP]

You heard it here first... the very, very, very cool Motorola Q Smartphone will be launching on CDMA in the USA before becoming available on GSM in Europe.

Boo :D

It is super-sexy tho, so worth the wait :)

P

12476_MotImage.jpg

Guest Socrates

How big is that thing.

The picture there just looks like a treo or Blackberry. If I wanted something big I would just get a PPC. I use an MS Smartphone mostly for the massive features in a tiny one-handed operation form factor.

I've been hoping for a CDMA version of some HTC phones the Tornado or whatever since CDMA (Verizon) has a better network out here than Cingular's GSM. That would be great, but I assume it will just remain a dream.

Guest nickcornaglia

I disagree about the GSM vs CDMA, Cingular vs Verizon....but I agree with you about the phone. I have not been more disinterested in a phone since the VOQ.

Guest dearsina

I think it looks very interesting, but I'm worried that with this phone, the manufacturers are finally saying, the US market is more interesting than the European, and the lead we've had in mobile technology, since forever, is eroding.

Do not underestimate how thin it is... it feels great in the pocket!

P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I see. Then I guess it's a nice unit :) Is there a link to the specs?

• 2 weeks later...

FYI, for the Naive amongst us, I recently found a whole slew of Motorola Q's for sale on ebay, both CDMA & GSM. ;)

Of course, you had to pay via Western Union, and the "Seller" was in Croatia, even thought their ebay handle put them in the UK, an the phones were in Los Vegas. :idea:

When I informed them they were 'Busted', all but one of the ebay ads disappeared within the hour. :evil:

Seems like ebay's not doing much to police this sort of thing, so I thought it might be worth mentioning in case soemone was tempted to try and scarf up a "Q" before they hit Verizon.

Be careful out there Kiddies :roll:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.