videos on M500

Guest ketansonigra

Guest ketansonigra

Hello all,

I have just bought a 1 gb card for my M500 and I have come across a couple of hurdles using it.

1. I was under the assumption (possiably false assumption) that I can play MP4 format videos on the M500.

I loaded it on the card and then used windows media player to look for it. However nothing comes up, i.e it does not seem to recognise the format. When I go into file explorer I can find the vidoe file , however, when I select it to play, it seems to freeze up.

I would be grateful for somes tips, I am not sure if anyone has done a sticky about this.

2. I manged to upload some Mp3's which work fine, however when I press the power button (to lock the phone) the music turns off. In priciple I imagine that tapping the power off button causes everything to shut down, including W.M.P. Is there a way that I can still listen to MP£'s and lock the screen, so I don't end up starting up any other programmes.

I hope these probs make sense. If not I will be happy to clarify.

Ks

Guest Confused Stu

Your phone can play every type of file imaginable (almost) - just not straight out of the box. Download a copy of the free "The Core Pocket Media Player" (aka TCPMP or previously Betaplayer), install it and then marvel at the fact your phone will play more video types than your desktop PC! Now just use the free PocketDivxEncoder and you can easily convert all your files to a PPC sized Divx file and you're laughing.

As for locking the screen while leaving the programs running, I use a program called Deltalock, which does just that! Just remember to set the buttons to unlock it before you first lock it or you won't know how to unlock it. :)

Link to TCPMP: http://tcpmp.corecodec.org/about

Link to Deltalock: http://www.deltadevelopment.de/users/christoph/deltaLock/

Have fun! :D

Guest ketansonigra

Okay, just tried the delta lock thing, that works well, exactly what I wanted. Cheers....

Just put Nepolian Dynamite on and it works like a treat......goosssh

thanks for advice. :)

ks

Edited by ketansonigra

• 3 weeks later...
Guest markdotpeters5

You can also go into the buttons menu under Windows Media Player options and assign a button to 'toggle screen'. Which afaik doesn't deactivate the other buttons, but does stop the touch screen from working (and turns it off) which I find sufficient!