HTC Hermes

Guest orion2087

Guest orion2087

The Cingular 8125 HTC Wizard variant is coming out here in the states soon, however I keep thinking this might be worth waiting for. What do we know about this device so far?

3060000000050588.JPG

* Operating System: Windows Mobile 5.0 Pocket PC

* Dimensions: 98.5×51.4×15.8 mm

* Networks: GSM (800/900/1800/1900 Mhz), 3G (UMTS)

* Data Networks: EDGE, GPRS, HSDPA TBD

* Processor: 416Mhz Intel Processor

* Screen: QVGA (240×320 px)

* Connectivity: Bluetooth, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g,

* Memory slot: SDIO microSD (TransFlash)

* Camera: 2.1 Mpx w/Flash + 3G Video Conferencing

* QWERTY Keyboard

* Release: Around May 2006

Anything else?

...HSDPA... can we say 3mbps? ::drool::

..TransFlash, ew.

Edited by orion2087

Very nice. Something to look forward to indeed. An HTC Wizard sized device with 3G? Here's hoping...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually, its smaller than the Magician (photon) and wizard :), and a better finish, more pleasing aesthetically to the eye than existing wizard.

ntil later

Jim

Edited by jfran

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Perfectionist
Actually, its smaller than the Magician (photon) and wizard ;), and a better finish, more pleasing aesthetically to the eye than existing wizard.

ntil later

Jim

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wow !! Sweet Phone !!

Are you sure its smaller though ..... looks to me like its a tad bigger ??

Anybody know when T-mobile might be selling these in the UK ??

PS - Micro SD ...... WHY WHY WHY !!!!!! !!!!! !!!!!! !!!!

PPS - Any chance it could have FM Radio ??

PPPS - Micro SD ...... WHY WHY WHY !!!!!! !!!!! !!!!!! !!!!

Edited by Perfectionist

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Perfectionist

Actually it looks like MicroSD isn't so bad after all .... you can buy a 1Gb card for about

Edited by Perfectionist

• 3 weeks later...
Guest haddock26

The keyboards slightly changed since that 1st reply, in case you've not seen a recent pic.

T-mobile uk are releasing it 1st, shortly.

Does anyone know if it'll be on o2? Probably as an o2 mini s II? Any ideas when?

Guest haddock26

It started off as a rumour, but it got comfirmed on a mobile site. Unfortunately i have forgotten the site (needed translating tho). A distant person (a brother of a friend of a friend of a friend) who works for Orange has said that the M3100 (Hermes) will be out instead of the M3000 (Wizard) in the UK, but he was not allowed to say when yet.

But i shouldnt think it will be about til Q4. Altho the C600 was due out that time last year, and it came out Q1 this year.

But I'm pretty sure t-mobile and o2 will release it before Orange.

I'm unsure if and when Vodafone Business UK will release it by.

Edited by haddock26

Guest w411y

I'm still not believing until I hear anything official or from a trusted person such as Paul or likewise, no offense meant or nothing. But why would a website confirming UK release of this device need translating?

Guest haddock26

Coz it was saying what other countries its being released in as well as its own.

But fair do's. ;)

Anyways, Orange are slow when it comes to releasing phones (eg 6280), so wouldnt expect it for yonks! ;) :P ;)

I'm gonna get the o2 version anyways. Happy with my C600, and not due an upgrade for a while on my Orange contract now.

Guest FragMeister
I'm gonna get the o2 version anyways.

If you have good t-mob coverage, I dont see why anyone would go with O2 anymore, with te WnW Unlimited data - which will be even better on the Vario II due to 3G speeds, all for

I too have an Orange contract, and got a C600 in January (i love it), so i want to go onto better things, and i like the HTC Hermes. But as im on an 18month contract, on Orange I cant upgrade for a while.

Which is ok, because my dad agreed that i can steal his upgrade (on o2), so i effectively get an upgrade every 9months :-D So im happy. so in about September i shall be wanting this handset on o2.

I dont want to go with T-mobile, as i've had a bad experience with them previously and there was virtually no signal where i am a few years ago. So came running back to Orange asap.

Edited by pob

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest Ingvarr

Battery life is about the same as it was at Magician/S100/S110

That is, about 1.5 times lower then at Wizard/Prophet in lower-power modes as MP3 playing or eBooks (thats about 10 hours for Hermes when Wizard had 15).

External UMTS chipset(in OMAP it was integrated into cpu) and more power-hungry processor took their toll...