the sound is not stereo

Guest razko

Ah. ah. I obviously have a 2.5mm connector that is not stereo as it only has one ring and not two. I will have to hunt down the correct one. The headset I use is a Sony in-ear bud phones ( £28 ) that come with a 3.5mm plug. These phones leave the supplied ones for dead. Many thanks again :)

post-116892-1134095959_thumb.jpg

Guest Paraklas

I understand what you mean.. if I put that adaptor I posted above on my mpx220, I don't get stereo sound, I have to pull it a bit out to get the sound in stereo. I guess you have to take your headphones and the phone to a shop and get an adaptor that matches your phone.

Guest m1.carson

Hi Guys,

the adaptor shown is a mono adaptor [Looby] left of photo, for stereo you need three connections, earth, left channel live and right channel live, which is two rings as shown on the headphone plug, [same photo].

One of the 200 forum discussions of a couple of days ago deals with the same subject and suggested an adaptor from PC-Mobile [or somewhere close to that name]

Edited by m1.carson

Have just been on to www. pc-mobile.net and they do have a good selection of adapters. The one in the enclosed pic. looks like it's stereo to me. It is about £5 including delivery. Looks good. :D

I have just been down to an electrical shop in my local town and found this connector for £1.50 and works a treat, as you can see it has two rings for stereo. I must add how good the sound is with the Sony headset in the picture, it's like listening to a Hi-Fi. Many thanks to all :)

post-116892-1134134401_thumb.jpg

Edited by Looby