New Battery MPx 200

Guest m1.carson

Guest m1.carson

Hi,

Took the plunge and bought a new battery, mine's been playing up on amount left, one minute I've got four bars, turn it off for three hours, turn it back on and I'd have low battery alerts and only one bar.

Bought a new one from here http://www.connexions.freeuk.com/ just under £10-00 incl VAT and postage, left it on charge for 19 hours, turned it on and settings>power management showed approx. 98% charge, [could of done with 24 hours].

Anyway, it's been on virtually standby mode for 15 1/2hours now and still shows four bars, it has a larger capacity than the origional, 1100 mAh instead of about 830 mAh.

Will try to update you on the performance as it goes.

36hrs on standby, still with 4 bars.

Edited by m1.carson

Guest m1.carson

Ok, seems like 72 hrs on standby/low usage, my old battery didn't come close to that when it was new.

now going to give it a 24 hrs charge.

end of subject.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest FIREY JACK
Hi,

Took the plunge and bought a new battery, mine's been playing up on amount left, one minute I've got four bars, turn it off for three hours, turn it back on and I'd have low battery alerts and only one bar.

Bought a new one from here http://www.connexions.freeuk.com/ just under £10-00 incl VAT and postage, left it on charge for 19 hours, turned it on and settings>power management showed approx. 98% charge, [could of done with 24 hours].

Anyway, it's been on virtually standby mode for 15 1/2hours now and still shows four bars, it has a larger capacity than the origional, 1100 mAh instead of about 830 mAh.

Will try to update you on the performance as it goes.

36hrs on standby, still with 4 bars.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah,

I ordered another battery as well and also went with a higher mAh. I am still waiting for it to come in the mail.

Guest xxcrashxx

i got my mpx200 off ebay. the guy said it was a great phone, he had it for a lil over a year, but got a new phone. today, i had the worst battery life. i charge my phone over night(~6 to 7 hours). unplugged the phone at 5am, carried around with me for about 5 hours, used agile messanger and sent about 25 messages, one right after the other, then i looked at it about 2 hours after that and it was dead. is it normal for a year old battery to only have about 7 hours of use???

also, im finding 900mAh batteries on ebay, but they are 3.7v instead of 3.6v. would the difference in the voltage hurt the phone??? and would 100mAh make much of a difference in battery life??? or should i try to stick with finding a 1000mAh rated battery???

Edited by xxcrashxx

Guest hecatae

Might have to do this with my mpx200, barely getting a day out of it.

Ordered, it was only £8.19 including postage.

Edited by hecatae

Guest xxcrashxx

anyone know if a 3.7v 900mAh would work with the mpx200. basically im asking this cuz the specs on the oem battery are 3.6v and 800mAh. im just wondering if that extra .1volt would make the phone inopperiable.

Guest m1.carson

Hi awarner,

Yep the site say's 1000 mAh but the one that arrived has 1100mAh written on it, I think you'll find that VAT and postage pushes the price up to £9 something.

Cheers,

will check it out with the firm.

Max.

Guest xxcrashxx

i found one on ebay, it was like $15(usd). it was listed as "LONG LIFE BATTERY mpx200". i asked the person what the mah on it was, they said 1200. so i hope theyre right.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest kuicets

If you take a voltage meter, you will find out, that a fully charged battery is about 4,2V. Don't worry - 3,7V won't kill your phone ;)