So who's broken their docking connector?

Guest fluffcat1

Guest fluffcat1

A few people have asked me about repairing HTC devices with their 22 pin dock connector, so I was just wondering how many people had actually broken theirs? i.e can't charge / sync through it or it's just plain fallen out. Models with this connector are Wallaby, Himalays, Alpine, Blueangel, Ipaq 5XXX series, and the smartphones Canary, Tanager, Voyager. There may well be others..

Those who have broken it please post where / who fixed it, if under warranty and if not how much it cost.

I've never personnally broken one, but I never keep the same device longer than a couple of months and I'm not that rough with them :)

Richard

Guest fluffcat1

Well, not much repsonse so I guess we're all being careful with our PPC's, unlike some ham-fisted amateurs I work with...

Anyway, I've got replacement connectors now if anyone has broken theirs off, pm me.

Richard

I never replied because while I did break my docking station, it wasn't the connector you mention. I managed to snap a couple of the backup b attery c harger pins, which is a swine as I have a backup battery needing charged sometimes!!

The connectors you have, are they the male end that sits in the dock? Are they hackable i.e. can you solder onto the contacts? I might be interested in one if you have no use for them. I'm sure I could put it to good use!

Edited by fraser

Guest fluffcat1

Hello,

no they're the female connector in the phone soldered onto the motherboard. See pic. The male end is also available but it's cheaper to buy a 2nd hand cradle.

Richard

post-145647-1134688665_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Guest fluffcat1
Thanks Fluffcat1, your efforts are appreciated.

Enougth to make me MVP? ;)

Only kidding. Too many letters after my name already. But congrats to gpcarreon!

Richard ( BSc chem, IMechE, MCP, MCDST, MCSA, MCSE, CCA, CCEA, CCNA)

• 8 months later...