Change Keyboard Layout / Language .. ?

Guest Eminos

Hi,

Does anyone know how to change the keyboard language in my Qtek 8310 to Swedish (with special characters like Å Ä Ö), but I still want to use US English as my phone language.

I changed the Locale language to Swedish, but this just changed the way the clock is displayed and some other stuff, but I still don't have swedish characters when typing SMS, and so on ..

/Eminos

Hi,

Does anyone know how to change the keyboard language in my Qtek 8310 to Swedish (with special characters like Å Ä Ö), but I still want to use US English as my phone language.

I changed the Locale language to Swedish, but this just changed the way the clock is displayed and some other stuff, but I still don't have swedish characters when typing SMS, and so on ..

/Eminos

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Been there, done that :)

I solved the problem by upgrading with latest i-mate firmware..

Hmm, alright .. It seems a little bit unsafe to switch a Qtek to an i-mate rom, because it might be problems switching back later when new Qtek roms comes.

I don't know if I want to reflash my device with i-mate ROM :)

Is there no other other way? Maybe a registry hack? Maybe one can add speciel characters "manually" to the keyboard ?

/Eminos

Of course there is a solution:

When writeing an SMS, hold down the *t9 button, in the menu choose the language you wish to use under T9 Languages, and you will have the special characters for that language :)

/Eminos