QWERTY keypad for mobile devices

Guest gentrans_tech

• 2 months later...
Guest gentrans_tech

Some additions to the announcement:

The keyboard is fully compatible with U.S. layout and therefore provides the localization for all languages exactly the same way as a standard computer keyboard. Also, it has a convenient form factor (the size of a prototype notebook is 55x97 mm) and its system of typing has a minimal learning curve.

The original idea of the keyboard is based on the ergonomics of one-hand typing. It requires one column of keys for the index finger, two - for the middle finger and one for the ring finger. It's a system that is totally different from thumb typing, for example, on the Blackberry devices.

And it's faster and more comfortable, you could easily prove it - just scale the drawing of a prototype notebook from the presentation file (set the size in Properties (unlock the proportional scaling settings): height - 18,71, width - 5,72 cm) in a Word document and print it. In a half of an hour of typing you'll get used to the layout.

And you'll get all the benefits of ten-finger typing - no strains, first of all, and intuitive knowledge of the layout for fast typing using the tips of three fingers without considerable delays for moving a finger in a horizontal plane in order to make a stroke - just like on a standard keyboard.

The keyboard is located right on your palm and you don't have to move the whole hand for typing. You know, the same requirement is provided by ten-finger typing method for a standard keyboard in order to make the process of typing ergonomical.

That's the base of the whole idea. And this requirement for ergonomic typing defines the effective usage of a keyboard layout - QWERTY Standard for two-hand, ten-finger typing (that was only two-finger in the beginning) and QWERTY Compact for one-hand typing using three fingers that are placed over the keyboard having such small, portable size - it's a keypad for comfortable typing.

Edited by gentrans_tech

Guest nevawlkalone
QWERTY Compact keyboard is designed for a mobile PC.

http://www.freewebs.com/compact_keyboard

Regards,

Mihail Molin

GenTrans Tech.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No offence but that looks a bit of a mess...the keys are all over the show....plus with the layout am guessing it will be a rather big device??? correct me if im rong....

Guest Jamma14

Yeah, but if it is big...why not have a normal keyboard instead eg wizard??? And if it isn't that big, good luck trying to press the right keys...

To be brutally honest, if people want a handset with a keyboard they don't mind going for a bigger handset as long as it has the proper keyboard they can use as if it was a pc. Even with a basic keypad some people are happy, as they know where the letters are and can type combinations quickly.

This is a confusing mix between the two, and tbh I can't see who you're planning on marketing it to, those business users that want a keyboard and to use wifi etc will be opting for the universal/wizard/hermes etc, those not worrying and wanting a compact cheaper device they can text on and show doom to their mates on will be going for the hurricane/faraday/typhoon etc.

I'm not trying to be harsh, but I really think it looks awful and it's not a "mobile device" that many users would feel comfortable using. I admit it does sound like a good idea in principle...but that concept of it on your freewebs account looks ghastly.

Anyway I wish the best of luck to you with your project, really i do, I just hope you can pull it off better than you can your concept artwork.