HP to resell HTC Tornado as hw4500?

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul [MVP]

rock99rock on howardforums has been fortunate enough to get his hands on what appears to be the much anticipated forthcoming HP Smartphone, badged here as the HP iPaq hw4500.

A logical step for HTC pals and Pocket PC officionados HP, the Smartphone is almost certainly based on the HTC Tornado (aka imate SP5, QTek 8310). The picture suggests T-Mobile release, however as T-Mobile USA will be featuring the Media-centric Tornado derivative (a-la-iMate SP5m), it remains to be seen as to whether this device will see the light of day (maybe as a 'business' offering)?

So what do we know?

- The device is called the hw4500

- The device has integrated WiFi

- The device has a 1.3MP camera

- The device is co-branded by T-Mobile

- The device has a QVGA screen

- The device runs Windows Mobile 5

- The device is enhanced with HP's signature applications such as HP's own Wireless Manager

Being a likely Tornado derivative, that also means a 200 MHz OMAP 850 processor and Quad Band radio.

Let's keep our fingers crossed for a release on a more global scale, and enjoy the images below, again courtesy of rock99rock!

P

rw4500-1-small.jpgrw4500-4-small.jpg

rw4500-5-small.jpgrw4500-8-small.jpg

Guest fluffcat1
,Dec 11 2005, 20:36]- The device is called the hw4500

The screenshot says rw 4500 series, do you have another source of info? Lots of talkingheads over there yapping on about it but no real info...1 guy with 1 post to his name reckons 'Yes, this is an HTC phone, and no, it will not be produced.'

Another pic from howardsforums. I'd really like one.

Richard

post-145647-1134342147_thumb.jpg

Edited by fluffcat1

Guest fluffcat1
Yes, I have another source who mentioned the hw4500 by that name to me over 6 months ago in fact, but with very little detail at that time.

P

Cool. I hope it does see the light of day production wise as I'd very much like one. It'll go nicely with my HP iPod :-)

Richard

This is the phone for all thoose people P*SSED off with Orange for not including WiFi.

Oh well, nice going Orange!

'Speak to self' Where's my nearest T-Mobile shop....

Guest Paul [MVP]

Note that although this is branded T-Mobile, it was done I believe for T-Mobile USA.

There is no sign of T-Mobile Europe stocking any Windows Mobile phones other than their own MDA / SDA ranges...

P

Guest Paul [MVP]
Lots of people saying this is a HTC Feeler derivative?

Hmmm, Feeler wasn't QVGA (that was Hurricane and derivatives), and added to the fact it has WiFi and WM5, Tornado seems most likely.

Could be wrong tho :)

P

This is on the HP Labs site for testing. (internal site, Im a HP Employee lol)

As soon as the system specs are released i will let you all know...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Any clue if it is meant for the European market?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.