Self turning off while charging?

Guest linkdead

Guest linkdead

Hi got a new 8310, Just tryed the orginal battery charger on the phone, plug in the charger into the phone, the phone display give me a charger sign but after a couple of minutes it turns off.

The phone give me a "beep" sound, and turns it selfs off. Anyone else with problem like this? maby it's a DOA?

Phone works 100% while charging from PC/usb.

Guest linkdead
Hi got a new 8310, Just tryed the orginal battery charger on the phone, plug in the charger into the phone, the phone display give me a charger sign but after a couple of minutes it turns off.

The phone give me a "beep" sound, and turns it selfs off. Anyone else with problem like this? maby it's a DOA?

Phone works 100% while charging from PC/usb.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Update, I returned it today for fail/repair service, unlucky had it for like 2days :roll:

Update, I returned it today for fail/repair service, unlucky had it for like 2days  :roll:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

2 days? you should have just returned it to the store for a new one.. DOA - you're entitled!

Guest linkdead
2 days? you should have just returned it to the store for a new one.. DOA - you're entitled!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes that was my tought, but the store only accepted "DOA" if it was tested within 5days :shock: , otherwise it must be send in as a repair job. This is really silly. I really hope to get the device back before christmas holidays.

Unpacked and installed the device the same day I got it, managed to get activesync work etc, did not test the battery charger, becous it was charing from (pc/usb). Until I got home for the weekend and used the external charager.

I can admit from the handbook it goes something like this, charge the phone a couple of hours first etc, to bad for me I did not test this first. :|

Yes that was my tought, but the store only accepted "DOA" if it was tested within 5days  :shock: , otherwise it must be send in as a repair job. This is really silly. I really hope to get the device back before christmas holidays.

Unpacked and installed the device the same day I got it, managed to get activesync work etc, did not test the battery charger, becous it was charing from (pc/usb). Until I got home for the weekend and used the external charager.

I can admit from the handbook it goes something like this, charge the phone a couple of hours first etc, to bad for me I did not test this first.  :|

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hmm, i thought you only had it for 2 days? Swedish laws are VERY VERY strong on points like this. I know from people returning neonodes :)

I suspect 5 days is just their policy, but this may contravene law. If you have some kind of consumer law website i would check it out. If they've lied to you, you can get your money back and leave them to deal with this phone thats gone for repair.

Personally i wouldn't want to have a phone that was DOA or died after just 2 days.

Read here:

http://www.konsumentverket.se/Documents/sp...nt_engelska.pdf

Specifically:

Right to cancel – 14 days

When you as a consumer buy goods in a shop, you have no legal right to cancel the purchase. However, if you have bought goods by mail order, telephone, television, Internet or home sales, you may cancel your purchase within 14 days, according to the new law covering distance agreements.

That may apply to you, if it does not then this surely does:

Repairs, replacement or your money back?

In the first instance, the fault shall be remedied. Either the fault shall be repaired, or the goods exchanged for new. It is primarily you, the consumer, who decides what should be done.

So point them to this and raise some hell :)