HTC Faraday comes to Cingular as the 2125

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul [MVP]

The Cingular 2125 is finally here!

2125.gif

Based on the HTC Faraday (the wireless-less version of the HTC Tornado platform), Cingular's new baby sports Windows Mobile 5, a gorgeous QVGA screen, the new OMAP 850 generation of 200MHz processor and Quad Band (amongst other things).

You may ask yourself 'what the hell is that huge bulge on the top, the Orange SPV C600 (also Faraday) doesn't have that' and, well, to be honest, I don't have an answer for you! I'm guessing it is to improve reception performance, but there's no denying it is - shall we say - 'unattractive' :)

I've posted full specs of the device below, but if you are in the US and on Cingular, you really should pick yourself up one of these babies, it's a great device! (full review of the HTC Faraday based SPV C600 coming very soon!) Before anyone mentions it, I have no idea where they got the Pocket Word and Pocket Excel from in the specs!

You can find the 2125 on Cingular's site here.

Of course, you could always wait for the HTC Wizard based 8125 if Pocket PC is your thang... :D

P

Microsoft® Windows Mobile™ 5.0 Smartphone Edition

Windows Media®Player 10 for playing music and video

Bluetooth® connectivity for connecting wireless accessories

1.3 MP camera and video phone

GPRS/EDGE High-Speed Data Access

850/900/1800/1900 MHz - Quad-band for international compatibility

Large 2.2" TFT color display

64 MB SDRAM/64 MB Flash ROM

Office™ Mobile - Outlook™/Word™/Excel™/Explorer™

TI OMAP 850 200MHz processor

Pocket MSN® (Hotmail®/MSN Messenger)

Multimedia messaging - send text, pictures and sound

Downloadable polyphonic/full-audio ringtones, graphics and games

Stereo audio jack for listening to music

Guest nickcornaglia

BLAH! Unless you are getting a new contract and NEED to pay $199 for the phone w/ a two year contact...I'd say get an SP5 or SP5m with WiFi and NO HUMP.

Unless that thing really gives better reception to you TMobile/1900 Band users.

BLAH! Unless you are getting a new contract and NEED to pay $199 for the phone w/ a two year contact...I'd say get an SP5 or SP5m with WiFi and NO HUMP.

Unless that thing really gives better reception to you TMobile/1900 Band users.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Legacy Blue's network (old AT&T) is virtually all 1900-legacy Orange (old Cingualr) is mostly 850.

Guest Socrates
I just bought an Audiovox 5600 from Cingular 2 weeks ago.  Should have waited I guess.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

1. The 5600 is a GREAT phone.

2. It was about half the price I suspect.

3. EBAY!!!! :)

Guest wallace_SMT5600
I just bought an Audiovox 5600 from Cingular 2 weeks ago. Should have waited I guess.

I'm in the same boat as you!! I think the 5600 is a great phone, but EDGE, WM5, higher MP camera, Quad band and Office Mobile (?!?!) are making me think twice. I think Cingular has a 30 day satisfaction policy. I know my local retailer where I purchased my phone made that a selling point when I bought the 5600.

And it was half the cost...$99 after rebate!

Is it worth upgrading the 5600 for the 2125????

Edited by wallace_SMT5600

As usual when a new phone comes out AT&T/Cingular make it as difficult as possible to upgrade. Currently, I have a great AT&T plan that fits my usage well. To get this phone, Cingular would require a new plan and another year locked in a contract. This is making me strongly consider Tmobile when they get the SP5/SP5m.

Guest JMBrown32

I think I will stick with the Audiovox though I bought my 5600 less than 30 days ago. I dont think EDGE and Windows Mobile 5.0 will be worth the usual aggravation and upgrade cost. Also, that hump is simply ugly.

Guest nickcornaglia

I know the antenna is indeed an antenna. The question is....is it really necessary for additional reception. It can't be necessary for 850 as I never have a problem without it. But I remember that my TMobile 1900 had problems indoors in some places, so hopefully it does indeed improve that for the 1900 folks.

Guest JMBrown32

There is, however, one thing I didnt consider. Have any c600 owners experienced the Dust issue that plagues the c500/smt5600? I would consider paying the extra price for all the new features as well as not having to worry about all that damn dust under the screen.

Contacted like 5 local cingular stores. 2 said they expect it in mid-january and rest were like .. cingular 2125, is that a blackberry thing ?? So yeah .. looks like consensus for retail stores is january release. :-(

i had smt5600 with wm5 .. its didnt have any office stuff on it.. but it was an un-official rom .. overall wm5 is really awesome and hopefully will be even better with the new improved camera. overall .. i cant go back to wm2003 .. wm5 is awesome!! and the newer verison of ms activesync is wayyyyyyyy less buggy then the initial version they released.. quicker too!

the HUMP aint that bad... DAMN .. lol .. everybody should get that damn rap song as ringtone their 2125's .. lol .. MY HUMP.. MY HUMP MY HUMP MY HUMP .. MY LOVELY LADY LUMP .. CHECK IT OUT!!!

that would be a rad commerical for the phone !!

any cingular store managers that can better explain the release schedule for phone are welcomed!

thanks

matt

Guest JMBrown32

Does anyone know the price of this phone without a new Contract? Hopefully I can sell my SMT5600 for a decent price on ebay and upgrade to the 2125 without going broke. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest tomhaney1
Does anyone know the price of this phone without a new Contract?  Hopefully I can sell my SMT5600 for a decent price on ebay and upgrade to the 2125 without going broke. Thanks.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The Cingular Premier website I went to in order to to acquire the phone listed it at about 680 dollars.

Guest tomhaney1
I was in the Cingular store in Redmond, WA last night and they said they expected to have a shipment of 150 of them on Monday morning.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The store I went to in order to preview the phone before I ordered it (also in WA) had them the day before Christmas but they were not authorized to sell them yet (BS if you ask me- if they're there, sell them!) But the lady was kind enough to boot one up and let me try it out. Pretty neat little package!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.