Just got my 8310, what next?

Guest LarsDK

Hi guys and gals... :)

I just recieved my 8310, nice phone... :D '

I come from a C500 where I am use to all the ekstra plugins and must have stuff, but which programs is must have for this new model? can I just use the old alarm plugin and quickclose and softreset.

Guest saldous

Not sure what alarm plug in you mean, but the alarm on my 8310 works fine.

I'd read these forums and Software unlock your phone, also find the screensaver app which is nice. That's all I've done to mine and really happy with it.

Guest roma0803

Check my sig for some programs and decide yourself which are must haves for you. I do recommend Automatic Keylock since it fills a huge gap Microsoft left behind.

Great with the signature, there are a few... I just need a place where all of these must haves are. The alarm plugin is a plugin made to place a shortcut in the homescreen, it is, or was widely used on the Win2003SE.

There was also some speed plugins by midnight, do you stille get a kick out of those?

Guest roma0803

I'm not sure if the Alarm Plugin works on WM5, but recently (today?) stumbled upon some posts about it. Don't recall what it was about though. Might need to do a little search there.

Speed plugins? No need for them I suppose. I like the tweak to put the PIE cache on your storage card, posted as a sticky here, since browsing the Net can consume some precious storage space.

Didnt count on needing the speed plugins.. but you never know, how about memory management? I have tried the old quick close, I think it works fine, but it does the trcik with only using part of the screen because it was not intended for QVGA, it would be nice with a similar program for the QVGA-screen...

Guest roma0803

I use xBar 3 for killing those apps that don't have a close option. Works great also for QVGA devices. Not entirely free, but worth the few dollars it costs. Also handy as an extra start menu. I put in those not often used apps like the GPRS counter and the screenshot tool.