Stock for m5000

Guest Wozbacca

Guest Wozbacca

Does anyone have any details on the m5000 stock level at orange?

I've seen it in stock at a few web based stores but I'm planning on upgrading through orange

also, has anyone found the hack to make it fully VGA?

for web browsing and remote desktop etcit would be ideal!

Does anyone have any details on the m5000 stock level at orange?

I've seen it in stock at a few web based stores but I'm planning on upgrading through orange

also, has anyone found the hack to make it fully VGA?

for web browsing and remote desktop etcit would be ideal!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

just called upgrades and they said that due to problems with the handset it has temporarilly been removed from their stock list even though they physically have loads of them!

oh well.... :)

Guest barker04

Had a call from orange today saying that they will have stock for upgrades in january. So either they are rolling out some new software onto them or its hardware

Paul

Guest Chumley
Had a call from orange today saying that they will have stock for upgrades in january. So either they are rolling out some new software onto them or its hardware

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Contacted Orange myself today and was also told this (likely January 2006 stock and possible upgrade (suggested software upgrade and possibly something like decent sized SD card also in the package)).

It was also mentioned Orange have tried to make it so a backlog of upgrades / orders etc. doesn't build up, so the result is Orange actually removing it for the availability list (so it could look like it was discontinued).

Apparently this was done to the C550 no too long ago and it was relaunched as the music package (or whatever it was called!) with the 512Meg mini SD card etc.

Speculation at this stage but quite feasible I think....and all we have to go on right now !

Guest philtech44

Well...

I sincerely hope you guys are right about this as I've just emailed the executive office with a comprehensivce list of grievances for my M5000... and asked why exactly it has been discontinued or suspended... watch this space

:-s

Don't rush to get an M5000; you'd be better off waiting for a few months until the thing is properly de-bugged.

I've had three M5000s - all returned as faulty. Now I have cancelled my upgrade.

Guest timmillwood

I tried to buy one this morning and couldnt get one!

there are a few shops ( but i think it is all through e2save) offering SPV M5000 on Premier 600 for £9.99. Thats what i want but there are none in stock, anyone know where i can get one at that price?

Guest philtech44
I tried to buy one this morning and couldnt get one!

there are a few shops ( but i think it is all through e2save) offering SPV M5000 on Premier 600 for £9.99. Thats what i want but there are none in stock, anyone know where i can get one at that price?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hey.. if Orange themselves have suspended their M5000 supply dont you think it wise to wait and see rather than obtain one elsewhere?? :?:

If you hold on I may be flogging mine if they become discontinued! :)