Samsung i300 now available on O2!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul [MVP]

It's been a long time coming, but the 3GB hard disk equipped Windows Mobile 2003 SE based Samsung i300 is finally available from O2 in the UK here.

Sporting a 1.3MP camera, Transflash slot (aka MicroSD) as well as the internal hard disk and a cool scrolly wheel thing, the Samsung i300 is available for only £49.99 on a new contract.

A very interesting inclusion on the i300 is Bluetooth A2DP, allowing those of us with Bluetooth headphones to enjoy wire-free stereo music... making this the first Smartphone handset to ship with this feature.

Enjoy, and keep an eye out for the dedicated Samsung i300 area on MoDaCo coming soon! :)

P

samsung_i300_175x242.jpg

OK, I may be a bit drunk after the office party and I know a phone is a phone, not a camera, but 1.3MP, micro-SD and no WM5? Am I missing the attraction here? Is A2DP and a 3Gb HD meant to make this the phone that the Rokr wasn't????

hmmm battery life is rubbish apprantly (1day normal use) and no WM5, build quality looks brilliant tho, doesnt swing it for me tho.  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

1 day?! Holy crap! LOL :) :D ;)

Guest Socrates
I want this phone, I have the SMT5600 and I am very Very happy with it. but, this one has  :)  3GB storage.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

But it's a hard drive which means power consumption from hell and more things to break.

There are 2GB MiniSD's coing out shortly and 4GB should not be far behind.

I think it makes more sense to upgrade to a c600/2125 or sp5 type phone and get all the other benefits like WM5, better screen, and settle for the 1 less gig for a while.

The one thing on this phone that is totally cool, IMO, is the A2DP. Why HTC haven't figured this out yet is mind boggling.

which brings... A2DP in the base OS!

i would much rather use some good quality Shure E3C headphones or the Eytomic ER6i Headphones than pay £100 for some cheap tack BT headphones.

i dont see the use in BT headphones, nor do i see the point in WM5. people cant even develop broadly for QVGA screens, nvm Windows Mobile 5.

That samsung will be a good phone, and 24hrs for a MP3 player is good, and that is its purpose. an ipod lasts 15hours, yet people still buy in the hundreds. 24hours is good.

Just my 2 cents.

Edited by MiG:uK

i would much rather use some good quality Shure E3C headphones or the Eytomic ER6i Headphones than pay £100 for some cheap tack BT headphones.

i dont see the use in BT headphones, nor do i see the point in WM5. people cant even develop broadly for QVGA screens, nvm Windows Mobile 5.

That samsung will be a good phone, and 24hrs for a MP3 player is good, and that is its purpose. an ipod lasts 15hours, yet people still buy in the hundreds. 24hours is good.

Just my 2 cents.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

But unless I am seriously confused, this is meant to be a phone. I lived with a phone that only lasted a day (which is more like 16 hours of use, not 24) and it is a serious pain in the backside.

Guest shadamehr
But unless I am seriously confused, this is meant to be a phone. I lived with a phone that only lasted a day (which is more like 16 hours of use, not 24) and it is a serious pain in the backside.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It only gets poor battery life IF you use the 3GB Hard Drive for storage.

If you don't, you get much better life out of it.

So to cover your post - use it as a phone only, and you do indeed get phone life out of it.

Use it as an MP3 player via the Hard Drive, and you get MP3 Player life out of it.

I can't see anything unfair with that mate.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.