Motorola Q to feature the Picsel Viewer

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul [MVP]

Thanks to encece for the heads up... from a mailing that Moto have sent out, we can see the forthcoming Motorola Q will feature the Picsel Viewer.

Moto, moto, why do you tease me so? I already want one! :)

P

Guest muddy250
Thanks to encece for the heads up... from a mailing that Moto have sent out, we can see the forthcoming Motorola Q will feature the Picsel Viewer.

Moto, moto, why do you tease me so? I already want one! :)

P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What's the Picsel Viewer?

Guest nickcornaglia

AFAIK...it's a document viewer that will allow one to view excel, word, acrobat, powerpoint (maybe more...I dont know) without conversion right on the phone. Much like ClearVue Suite. It's not a standalone app that is sold seperately. It's only sold to manufacturers for inclusion with their devices.

But this is what Moto means when you read that the Q has Office Mobile installed. It's not really Office mobile...nor is it anything we couldnt do before the Q came along with Clearvue.

We'll need to wait for Crossbow (WM5-SE) before we have any MS branded Office solutions....and that's probably just going to be a reader as well....or so I hear in the schoolyard.

Guest georgek7

Does anyone know if this phone is already out, or when it comes out, and possibly know the price?

o sorry nvm this message, i saw somewhere that it comes out in Q1 2006

Edited by georgek7

Guest psionandy

If it has the hooks into my exchange server (a la blackberry) then i'd be interested. Otherwise i really wouldn't want something with that cut down screen.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest leethacker
Just read on a German site Picsel Viewer will be sold seperatly this year for Windows Mobile too! ;)

Areamobile.de

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Bad news ... got confirmation that Picsel will NOT release a standalone version for smartphone but only for pocket pc. icon_cry.gif

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.