WiFi browsing success at last!

Guest ChrisJ

I just thought I'd share this for anyone still struggling with browsing via wifi.

I got my XDA Mini S on Saturday and after a half dozen hard-resets got it working how I wanted, ie bereft of all the O2 crap.

I managed to connect to my wireless router ok (D-Link DI-624+) but could I hell achieve any success browsing or checking e-mail. Tried every combination of *almost* everything.

This morning I tried again and lo and behold it would actually open a page very slowly..... and then refuse to do anything else.

Finally, the last setting I hadn't played with was the Wireless Lan->Power Mode. I set this to Best Performance (away from its default centre position) and strike me down, everything works like a charm.

Hope this works for someone else, I was on the brink of installing a K-Jam ROM image.

Chris.

Guest soup dragon
Hope this works for someone else, I was on the brink of installing a K-Jam ROM image.

Chris.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Chris,

You just sorted my problem! I couldn't access anything but now it's great now I've turned up the power. Wonder what it's going to do to the battery life?

Chris,

You just sorted my problem!  I couldn't access anything but now it's great now I've turned up the power.  Wonder what it's going to do to the battery life?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm glad the solution wasn't unique to me! As for battery life, I suspect wi-fi hammers it anyway and as long as it's working i don't care that much to be honest.

I can't wait for the bloke from O2 data services (that I spoke to yesterday) to ring me on Tuesday so I can tell him how to solve the problem. (He was going to take an XDA home to try it on his wireless network).

Happy hols.