XDA EXEC and TomTom 5 navigator

Guest linchen

Guest linchen

Hi,

i got my Exda Exec two weeks ago. Before i bought it i tried to find out it it would work with Tom tom 5 navigator. I finally just bought all teh equipment and tried it myself cause i could not find a reply, so here is now one from me for other users.

I bought everything seperately. The XDA Exec, the GPS receiver, A SD memory card and finally the TOMTOM PDA software and maps for western europe.

It was really easy to get everything working. Here how it works

I put my sd card in the device. Unfortunately teh software from TomTOM 5 is not delivered directly with the update for windows mobile 5, so that the only thing my windows XP on my computer was telling me , that there was a undefinite error and teh programm had to be closed. I thought it was my computer but trying it from anotherone it showed me that this could not be tha problem.

The updated for windows mobile5 can be found directly in teh tom tom homepage. By connecting your phone to your computer (by usb!!! important) and than running only teh updateon your computer, it installs tomtom on your pda phone. and thats it it works!

as GPS receiver i also decided to buy a gps one from tomtom just to minimalise the risk.

when the exec is enabled for bluetooth the programm will find after about 1 minute teh signal and there is nothing else to to.

Guest Confucious

When you get the error installing from the PC you can copy the 4 cab files to the Universal and run them from there.

not sure if the 5.2 version (Which fixeas the problem of not being able to recognise non TT bt receivers) will actually install properly or if it still has the compatability problems with Activesync 4 and above.

CoPilot 6 installs fine but had to copy the maps using a card reader as it was giving an incorrect free space usage when the card was in my Exec.

HTH