GMail is now easier for Mobile users

Guest RomeoJava

Guest RomeoJava

GMail is now mobile optimised, with the launch of GMail Mobile.

GMail now has a thin interface for mobile internet enabled devices, offering an experience optimised for the small screen, but still offering all the nice features such as labels that couldn't be enjoyed when using the POP interface. You can even view photos and the content of PDF files which are automatically processed by the GMail system - nice!

To connect to GMail Mobile, fire up Pocket Internet Explorer and point it at http://m.gmail.com.

Full details can be found here at Google, where you can also have the URL sent to you FREE by SMS (US only).

Rj :)

[Edit: News post edited by Paul [MVP]]

gmailmobile.gif

Edited by RomeoJava

When I try to access Gmail mobile from my MPX220 I get a "page not found" error. Does it work for MPx220?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi just try going to www.gmail.com directly. Your browser type is detected and you are directed to the mobile version of the site

rgds

jim

When I try to access Gmail mobile from my MPX220 I get a "page not found" error. Does it work for MPx220?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I just got in my gmail account on my MPX220 - so, yes it works on the phone. What service are you on? I'm on 02.

Liz

• 4 weeks later...
Guest nguyenta
You can also use pop access through Pocket Outlook......

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am using MPx220, please help me to setting POP3 Pocket Outlook for Gmail.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
I've just found a way to defeat the auto-detection sending you to the mobile (reduced spec) version.

http://mail.google.com/mail/h/ will force the site to give you back the standard HTML version which works so well on MS devices.

HTH.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Anyone know how you get google to default to the mobile version? I want to use it on my laptop via my 3G card and so want to minimise my data as much as possible but it keeps defaulting to full html.

www.gmailwireless.com works much better on smartphones.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As long as you're happy passing your username and password though an untrusted third party... :shock:

Edited by fozzie

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Geeklord

doesn't gmail supply you with pop settings so you can get your email thru POP. hence, there is no need to use your browser. it's cheaper on the GPRS bill :)

doesn't gmail supply you with pop settings so you can get your email thru POP. hence, there is no need to use your browser. it's cheaper on the GPRS bill :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The POP service can be unreliable.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.