Do you use your device for listening to music?

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul [MVP]

Here's something we haven't had on the front page for a while, a poll!

I'm interested to know what percentage of our members use their devices for playback of music / music downloads.

Please click 'View Topic' if viewing on the Portal to view the poll, and register your vote. I'm also interested to know what hardware you have / use, and what format your music is in!

How have you found the music experience on Windows Mobile devices? What do you like, don't you like, and would you change to make the experience perfect?

For my part:

Device: SPV C600 / SPV M500 / SPV M5000

Storage: 1GB miniSD / 4GB SD

Headphones: 2.5mm/3.5mm adaptor and Sonorix BlueTooth Headphones

Music: WMA format via Napster to Go or ripped from CD via Media Center

:)

P

Guest shadamehr

If I can get myself a cable and cheap pair of External Speakers like the Creative Travel Speakers, this will rock.

But until I get my lazy act together and the prices come down, its my Nokia 6230i and my dirt cheap bargain priced Nokia Music Stand.

I don't use my phone much as a PERSONAL Walkman like player, as you can probably tell from this post.

still using very old Smartphone, but you know that :)

music is all in mp3 format

only thing I mean to sort out is a cable that allows me to hook up some decent headphones whilst retaining the mic (i know they exist, but I've not got around to getting one yet)

even so, perfect for long train journeys :D

Guest chucky.egg

I listen to music when commuting, and generally for ~1hr a day

ATM all my music is in WMA format, played with TCPMP, but it's a pain in the arse converting MP3 to WMA (just to save space) so I plan to get a 2/4Gb card and go back to WMP and MP3

My credit card keeps whispering about the 4Gb cards not being that expensive really

I use my i-mate SP5 with Sony Fontopia in-ear headphones (£30) using WMA files downloaded from CD onto WM10. This also places a pic of the album cover on the smartphone screen which is nice. The sound quality is of Hi-Fi level. Have read good reviews of Shure Headsets but they are quite expensive. :)

i'd like to use my phone more for listening to music... but i'm an iTunes addict...

got a 512mb card with a few albums on there, but it's mainly for when i'm showing my SP5m off to others...

:roll:

Device: C550

Storage: 1gb miniSD

Headphones: Standard :| Wheres the best place to get a 2.5mm to 3.5mm jack? Wanna plug it into the car tape player.

Music: Mainly ripped albums as mp3 and also the new Lee Evans :)

Device: M1500

Storage: 1gb SD

Headphones: Standard :| Wheres the best place to get a 2.5mm to 3.5mm jack? Wanna plug it into the car tape player and use my own headphones.

Music: Just one ripped album as mp3 and a handful of films as I do a bit of travelling with ice-hockey.

I use Windows Media player for the mp3s and TCPMP and Pocket Divx Encoder for the films

I use Nero StartSmart to rip the albums 8)

Edited by w411y

Guest awarner [MVP]

I'm more for games than music as I'm too lazy to rip my cds into mp3 format. Who needs music when you have chuzzles to distract you from anything important :)

Device: C500

Storage: 256Mb miniSD

Headphones: Still using the bog standard wires shipped with the C500 (poor ears)

Software:Windows Media Player 10

Source:Music ripped with Windows Media Platyer to MP3 @ 96Khz... get 2 or 3 albums on 256Mb...

I listen to a lot of music and rarely go anywhere without listening to something. So my C500 is perfect for this. I mus get a decent set of headphones though... and definately a larger miniSD.

A2DP would be fantastic (an upgrade must-have).

Guest timmillwood

Well as a Mac user and a Student an iPod is a must so i listen to my music on my 60Gb 5g iPod (with video)

but with all the advances in mobiles it is very tempting to switch but the iPods are just so easy and intergrate in with the Mac perfectly.

Device: SPV C500 / SPV M500 / SPV M5000

Storage: 1GB miniSD

Headphones: 2.5mm/3.5mm adaptor: Original SPV / Logitech loudspeakers

I use the M500 in office with the headset to hear MP3s copied from my computer.

My latest discovery: I turned my M5000 into a music center in my hall by simply connecting a set of Logitech loudspeaker with a bass-box. It connects wirelessly to my router, and I get 1000s of Internet radio stations playing flowlessly or MP3s from the SD. Really happy with this as I do not need to buy a small hi-fi system anymore as planned previously.

Device : C500, MDA Pro

Storage: 1Gb + 2x512Mb miniSD

Headphones: Shure E2C - Expensive but soooooo nice :)

Software: WMP for music, TCMP for movies

Source: Music ripped with WMP10 to WMA lossless. Sync'd to miniSD @ 128k WMA. Also have some MP3s but not many.

Headphones (and adapter if using C500) always in my pocket. 3.5mm jack on MDA Pro is big bonus as adapter cables never seem to last long. MDA Pro also sounds much better than C500.

Wish List:

1. A2DP: would be cool, although would want to use my headphones so kinda seems to defeat the object. iTech Clip S35 would be cool.

2. AVRCP (Audio Video Remote Control Profile) would be even better! ... skip tracks, play/pause, and change volume without getting phone out 8)

3. Gapless playback - although again MDA Pro much better than C500

4. Equaliser on WMP

Guest leinadafc

Device: M500

Storage: 1gb mini SD (Movies) 2gb SD Card (music)

Headphones: Sony with Earplugs can't remember the part number, tried noise canelling but they were rubbish.

Music: WMA's ripped from CD collection + a few things bought from MSN music store (e.g. Nirvana's "With the Lights Out" box set for 6.99 bargain!), + a few MP3's from 'get your bootleg on' and Ricky Gervais' podcasts, Films/TV ripped from DVD include Goodfellas, Extras, Brass Eye...so the classics really!

Guest dave106

Device: MDA Compact II

Storage: 1GB MiniSD + Adaptor

Headphones: 2.5mm>3.5mm adaptor and Sennheiser Px200 Headphones

Software: Windows Media Player 10

Music: 96kbit/s WMA ripped with CD-DA Extractor

Guest datsunman

Device: SPV C500

Storage: 256MB miniSD

Headphones: Bog standard

Music: MP3 ripped from CD

Wishlist:

Decent headphones retaining complete functionality

FM Radio - Must Have

Currently looking at an N70 simply for the radio. :)

Guest bluesmudge

Device C500

Storage 256mb

Headphones Sony Frontopia (fall appart instantly but best sound ever!)

I've always used my phone for music. (e200 & c500) but now i've brought myself a Sony NWA3000V Mp3 player

Guest adchaffey

Used to use my C500 occaisionally when out and about, but just got the MDA Vario and really impressed with the sound quality in comparison.

The headphones that came with the Vario aren't bad, and got myself a wicked little FM Transmitter for in the car! Awesome!

All my music is in WMA format downloaded from Napster to go, although I'm not that big a fan of Napster and am trying to buy the CD's as I can afford them (donations welcome! :) )

Guest pd.ryder

Device: SPV C550

Storage: 1Gb mini-SD + 128Mb mini-SD

Headphones: Standard (unfortunately). Can't find a 2.5-3.5mm adapter which doesn't threaten to lever out the headphone jack with the slightest provocation. I'd like to use Sennheiser MX500's or, if the wallet will stretch, Grado SR60's

Software: PocketMind's Pocket Music. Plays everything I can throw at it, gapless playback, equalizer, on-the-fly-playlists etc. I'm reliably informed the upgrade with QVGA support will be available very soon which will hopefully utilise the media buttons on the front panel. I would luuurve iTunes compatable software which would sync with iTunes properly - I can't see why Apple don't develop one as they did for Windows PC's.

Source: Cd's ripped to VBR MP3 (~200kbps) via iTunes.

If WMP10 would work (even a little bit) when it comes to syncing stuff, I might be more tempted to use it. Unfortunately, the hours I've wasted trying to get one version of WMP10 to talk to another version has grated upon my very psyche for so long that I'll never try it again. Oh, and there's sooooo much support from MS and O...... (best not get started on that one!)

Would the MoDaCo Shop like to stock 2.5-3.5mm adapters, maybe?? About a fiver? Just a thought....

Merry Christmas to you all :)

Guest Jamma14

Device: Orange SPV c550

Storage: 512mb mini sd card

Headphones: Default ones (sound okay, and I like being able to accept calls)

Software: Windows Media Player 10

Music: 112kbit/s MP3s ripped with dBpowerAmp

Guest davidhoff

Device: Mda Compact & Orange C500

Storage: 1024mb mini sd card

Headphones: Philips SBC HS520 with soldered cabel (from the original headphones)

In car: Sonyplayer with front Line-in (to use my Mda with my almost 1000watt pioneer boomboxes :))

Software: Conduits Pocket Player

Music: dope 192kbit underground Hip-Hop mp3`s

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.