Do you use your device for listening to music?

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest nickcornaglia

Device: SP5m

Storage: 1GB miniSD

Headphones: included headset. sometimes thru BT for XM Talk Stations

Music: WMA format via Napster to Go or ripped from CD via Media Center

I had about 200+ CDs that I ripped in WMA format and sold on ebay as a set.

I now buy files thru Napster but will Join Napster-To-Go again after Christmas.

Guest HerpezP

Device: C500

Headphones: Standard headset - which is pretty worn after 7 months of intensive use. If someone knows a headset with the same functionality as the original, but with better sound, feel free to tell me :)

File types: Almost exclussively (various) mp3's.

Software Player: TCPMP - also for video.

Software Ripper/Encoder: CDex or EAC with LAME with songs I've encoded myself.

Usage: 2-3 hours of music listening a day.

Edited by HerpezP

Guest Disco Stu

Device: iMate Jam & Orange C500

Storage: 2GB SD / 1GB mini sd card

Headphones: Seidio earbuds with volume/call unit & retractable cable

Software: MortPlayer for PPC / Simple Tunes for SP

I don't want Playlists or stupid functions like that, I just want to play the tracks in the order they were originally found on the album.

Software - PC: dbPowerAMP or CDex for mixes but use iTumes to make my own (mixed) compilations

Guest rcraswell

I have a 40Gb iPod that I usually use for music but apparently I'm a little rough on them as this is the 5th replacement unit I've had in 2 years.

I'm quite fond of using my SP5m as a music player -- WMP10 with MP3 format files. I don't have a large enough miniSD card at the moment (256Mb) to make it very convenient though.

Device: C500

Headphones: Standard

Storage: 256Mb

Playback: WMP10

Rarely listen to music. Would usually use my ipod but did recently consider getting a 2Gb card. Standard headphones have no bass and transferring files is too slow - can't be bothered to disasemble phone to use card in a card reader. Prefer watching Simpsons episodes to be honest. Did use it a bit recently but 3 albums just isn't enough for commute to and from work over a couple of days.

Now I am going to start a rival poll about camera usage!

Guest JOhnnyboy

I use my C500 with Beta Player aka TCPM player,

Format: MP3 - varible bit rate using EAC Exactaudiocopy as this is what I have all my CD's 'archived' on my computer anyway.

Mini SD card: 512MB - enough for about 6 albums using above.

Adapter: Hama White 2.5mm to 3.5mm Adapter from www.beststuff.co.uk OK it's 6quid but much much better than the useless ones from Maplins that wreck your 2.5mm socket when they are in your pocket for more than 5 mins!!

Headphones: Sennheiser can't remember the model - Just "in your ear" jobs, but absolutely fantastic bass and a short lead length so they don't get caught up all the time.

Wish list: - Still get the "Tssk" sound every 15 seconds or so, why why why!! Thankfully with some clever EQ settings and I think mainly the Sennheiser headphones I don't notice it too much to be annoying but still I would gladly give up my 2 front teeth for Christmas if it would just disappear forever!

Second point on the list - would be a way of making the phone NOT play any music without the headphones in:

ie. I keep getting into trouble at work after pulling the phone out of my pocket and dislodging the adapter therefore subjecting my workmates to a barrage of tunes first thing in the morning - never goes down well!

Does anyone know how to prevent this from happening???

Also speeding up the transfers, - why can't we drag and drop using Windows, (Activesync - another quality Microsuck product :evil: ) and what about USB2.1 speeds, not that much to ask is it?

Overall I'm soooooo happy that I can listen to enough different tunes to keep me happy commuting to work for a week. :) Why would I want to carry and EXTRA device around when I always have my phone on me anyway? :??:

Just my thoughts,

Guest Ghostie

Device: O2 mini s

Storage: 256Mb

Playback: WMP10

I use mine nearly everday to listen to music, and i love it. I take my phone most places so i don't see the point in having something to do the same job. I will treat myself to a larger SD card at some point thou

Guest AetherKnight

Device: MDA Vario (was C500, SPV - listened to music on 'em all! :) )

Storage: 256Mb miniSD

Software: Use WMP10 for managing it all - love the new Playlist Sync with WM5

Music: WMA format, ripped from CD collection (dial down to 64Kbps; I tend to listen most in the car, so radio quality is fine)

Wishlist

=====

1. A2DP. Please!! :D

2. A "Play Selected Playlists" feature on Media Player.

Device: SPV C550

Storage: 256Gb miniSD

Software: Media Player

Source: Napster Via TuneBite

I really dont listen to much on the phone, but i do listen to music all day at work.. i really need a bigger card so i can put loads of good albums on... may start to use it more then :)

Guest hunyango_uk

yes i do.

devices: shown on the picture

media player: wmp and tcmp

media format: mp3, mpeg2, mpeg4, wma, avi, divx, xvid, mpg, ogg, wmv, etc.........

audio speakers: tmobile sh305/motorola hs801 bt headset, mini ipod speaker

video ripper: pocketdivx

mp3: ripped from cd

the devices are there, w/ 2x1gb minisd card and and 1x2gb sd card got a 2.5mm to 3.5mm stereo adaptor and a speaker. 8)

post-112171-1135159083_thumb.jpg

Edited by hunyango_uk

Guest FrankyG

Device: SPV M5000

Storage: 1 Gb SD

Headphones: Koss KSC-35 or I-tech Media Stereo Bluetooth

Software: TCPMP

Source: MP3's

This setup lets me listen to music (via the I-tech passthrough), answer a call by swtiching to the Bluetooth - and use the I-tech clip to launch Miscrosoft Voice Command and issue system commands via the clip microphone :)

When we getting A2DP then ?!

Guest mwiberg

Device: Qtek 8020

Headphones: Soldered my own Philips headphones onto the original headset.

Music: Mostly MP3 (at least 192 kbps)

Missing: remote control feature on the headset and A2DP!

Guest chedabob

Device: SPV C600

Storage: 16mb standard mini sd (gonna get a 512mb one for xmas :))

Headphones: Standard handsfree kit

Music: Mp3s from armadillo, or ripped from cds.

edit: how come i cant say (snip)

EDIT : because this forum doesn't support software piracy, which we all know is funding terrism and organised crime :evil:

Edited by Disco Stu

Guest Brownstone

Phone: SPV C550

Storage: Sandisk 512MB MiniSD

Format: mp3 all the way

Headphones: Sony Fontopia in-ear buds (The Shiznit!)

I only just bought my C550 5 days ago and am totally impressed with it. Especially the sound quality, plenty of bass, unlike my old Motorola MPX200, which sucked.

Cheers,

BS...

Guest yarod_g14

Mda Compact

512 Ebuyer Xtra Value Sd

WMA and MP3 Beta player (TCMP)

I have always used my device for Music, ever since I got my first Canary.

I have used Expansys 2.5-3.5 adapters, I have also found the Sony Mdr Ex71 soft headphones the best way to go for Music.

I have now got a small set of Speakers mounted in my Crash helmet, I plug these into my Tmob Mda compact and grove whilst I ride!

I have also found a good mount for this device on Expansys for Cycles...It should fit on my MotorBike handlebars......then I have GPS on my Bike with sound-

Thats pretty cool.

Edited by yarod_g14

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

I use a 1GB minisd in my KJAM. Still on my bundled headphones though ;)

Going to try the ones with the Jasjar and see how i get on with them before splashing out on a new set!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Toyota-F1.com

I have used my device for music since I got the E200, now have C500, it's perfect. It's got Shuffle, which is important.

I edit my "MP3 Player.asx" file, whenever I add a new song, and I also convert all songs to .wma, and normally 32kbps, some though, are converted to 64kbps. This means at the moment I have about 120 songs on my 256MB miniSD.

Perfection. And when I get a call, I can just answer using the button! So cool, especially at my age in College, when everyone's on about K750is, and W800i etc! Just have to show them my 2 year old E200!

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest kvicho

I'm using the SPV M500 with 2GB MMC card on Etymotic ER-4P headphones. The sound is OUTSTANDING! I know, the headphones are very good themselves (check it out at www.etymotic.com), but I tried them with iPod and they definitely sound better on PPC!

Guest chucky.egg

I've recently switched to an Ipod (because you cant get big enough mSD cards to store a decent selection of music on a Wizard) and I have to say that I never realised quite how poor the sound from my PDA was.

I wouldn't consider going back again now.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.