2Gb miniSD now on sale

Guest westleyl

Guest westleyl
Jeez you guys, keep up!

We're looking at 4Gb ones now for £160 (inc P+P) :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Are you sure that isn't a 4Gb SD card, rather than a 4Gb mini-SD card?

I can't Google anything about a 4Gb mini-SD card being available. The 2Gb mini-SD cards have only just become available after about 6-9 months of hyping on manufacturers web sites.

Liam

[Palm 500 -> Palm III -> Casio E-100 -> iPaq -> C500 -> MDA Vario]

Guest chucky.egg
Are you sure that isn't a 4Gb SD card, rather than a 4Gb mini-SD card?

:oops: My bad

I'm just so obsessed with getting a 4Gb SD card I have to post about it everywhere!

Sorry guys!

Guest westleyl

Good old MobyMemory - my 2Gb mini-SD card arrived today. Not bad at all. And the free USB adapter will make a good home for my old 512Mb card.

Now to fill it ....... :-)

Liam

Edited by westleyl

Just bought my 2Gb mini-SD card, with USB2 reader from MobyMemory. Now in stock.

http://www.mobymemory.com/1GB_2GB_mini_SD_..._MobyMemory.asp

Only £88.99 + £1.20 1st class delivery.

Hope it all works in my MDA Vario ;-)

Liam

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi All,

Just To Let you all know that I saw this Message and I went to the website yesterday morning and I brought the 2Gb mini-SD card, with USB2 reader from MobyMemory, I recived it first thing this morning which I though is very good even though it is not that fare away from Chritmas.

It works OK on a Orange SPV C500

Meryy Chrsitmas to you all Hope you all have a nice time.

Good old MobyMemory - my 2Gb mini-SD card arrived today.  Not bad at all.  And the free USB adapter will make a good home for my old 512Mb card.

Now to fill it ....... :-)

Liam

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi All,

Yesterday morning I bought my 2Gb mini-SD card, with USB2 reader from MobyMemory & I received it this morning which I thought is very good even with the Christmas Post. It came with the free USB Adapter as well.

It works very well on a Orange SPV C500

Guest hunyango_uk

need help!!!

just receive my 2gb mini sd from the same site. just can't be read by my pc with usb adaptor/sd adaptor or by my mda vario/c550/c500/xda iis. what shall i do? :cry:

Edited by hunyango_uk

Guest roma0803
need help!!!

just receive my 2gb mini sd from the same site. just can't be read by my pc with usb adaptor/sd adaptor or by my mda vario/c550/c500/xda iis. what shall i do? :cry:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It should at least be seen by your computer so there might be something wrong with the card. If you format it, don't do it NTFS of FAT32, just FAT. But I guess that won't work since your computer doesn't even see it.

Guest hunyango_uk
...have you tried formatting it, or can it just not be seen at all??

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

...have you tried formatting it, or can it just not be seen at all??

tried the mini sd with my c500, c550, mda vario and even xda iis w/ adaptor and it's not working. tried it with my sd card reader on my pc and nothing. tried it w/ usb adaptor and nothing. just couldn't see the card. i do have 1 gb mini sd and it's working, and even the 256mb and 128mb mini sd are working.

call the customer support at mobymemory and they say the card is faulty, and i send it back to them just now, they say that they will send me a new one. the customer service is excellent, very helpful and nice. now i'm just going to sit back and relax and wait for the 2gb mini sd card in few days.

i should have that sd card in 2 weeks co'z i'm off for holiday. that's the reason why i bought the 2gb mini sd, so ican put lots of stuff on my mda vario. and make it as my portable entertainment system. 8)

if i can't have it in two weeks, :cry:

please can i have it before 2 weeks.......... i'm begging :cry:

Edited by hunyango_uk

Well mine turned up, and I'm having problems as well.

I popped some photos onto it via the supplied card reader, and once in the phone it seemed okay.

Then I tried to load it with music, via Media Player and Active Sync (which was very slow) then half way through it said the disc was full, and couldn't do any more.

I then re-formtted it as suggested (to FAT), tried to put music onto it direct using the card reader, and again it got half way and failed.

After that, it stopped being seen by the phone - tried various ones, and only sometimes can be seen by the PC using the card reader.

Of course, now they're shut for the long weekend, so I guess it'll be Tuesday before I can speak to them to sort it out.

Fingers crossed.

Guest westleyl

For everyone's info, the SD adapter built into my HP/Compaq nc6000 laptop also only saw the first 1Gb of the 2Gb miniSD card. When I did a complete CHKDSK on the card it marked half the card as bad sectors!

However, the MobyMemory bundled USB key adapter worked fine, and after a quick re-format (to remove the sectors marked as bad) I now have the full 2Gb with over 1000 WMA files on the card working on my MDA Vario.

Interestingly the '02 cardbus' SD adapter built into the laptop appears as a PCMCIA/IDE drive when connected, compared to the Moby Memory adapater appearing as a USB mass storage device.

MobyMemory does warn that some older SD card readers can't handle the large memory capacties. I suspect that is why they bundle the adapter with the 1Gb and 2Gb miniSD cards. It's a good adapter too, small enough to fit even when there are other devices plugged into the adjacent slot (on my laptop anyway).

Liam

Thanks Liam, sounds promising.

Though I was using the supplied adaptor, and formatting through that, I'd be interested to try the CHKDSK and going through that, but how do you get to that?

Sorry, I know it's a noob question, but it's not something I've done before!!!

TIA.

Pete.

Guest westleyl
Thanks Liam, sounds promising.

Though I was using the supplied adaptor, and formatting through that, I'd be interested to try the CHKDSK and going through that, but how do you get to that?

Sorry, I know it's a noob question, but it's not something I've done before!!!

TIA.

Pete.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No probs. This is for Win XP but should be similar for most systems (you might need to run 'dosprmpt' on Win98 rather than 'cmd').

Go to the Start menu, select Run, and type CMD, then click on OK. You now have the 'command line interface'. You can always type CHKDSK /? to see all the options available for CHKDSK. There is a pretty version called Disk Check in Windows Explorer but I tend to use the command line version.

If your SD card appears as drive E:, type the command below followed by Enter/Return,

CHKDSK E: /f /r

/f - fixes problems on the disk

/r - locates and marks sectors as bad

If you get a message about dismounting the volume first, that is OK, but any applications using the E: drive might get upset - you should close those down first.

Once sectors are marked as bad, you will need to reformat the disk in order to 'release' these sectors for use.

Liam

P.S. If you forget to enter the drive letter for the SD card (and I did) it performs a check on your system drive, usually when the system restarts. You can cancel this when you restart, it gives you 15 seconds to prevent the check. I missed this too and so ended up waiting 20 minutes for a full check on my system drive. Tsk.

Guest westleyl

Oops, forgot this tip.

If you use CHKDSK E: (assuming E: is your SD drive letter) with no parameters then it will report errors without fixing, and more importantly list the number of allocation units, and bad sectors in a neat summary at the end.

Liam

Thanks Liam,

Didn't realise it was a DOS thing - takes me back a few years, that does!

Anyway, I'm waiting to hear back from Moby Memory - CHKDSK didn't show any errors.

If anything else works before I hear back from them, I'll post here!!

Guest hunyango_uk

just got my replacement, 2gb mini sd. woooooooohoooooooooooo :D

superb and excellent service from mobymemory, i'm going to buy all my memory cards of my phone on this site from now on. thanks!!! ;)