Bluetooth Walkthrough

Guest greenturtle

Guest mini_man

Hello I need a simple walkthrough of sending and recieving files via bluetooth.

I am getting confused over the beam irda bluetooth and everything, including incoming out coming and bonds. Please can someone sum it up or give a guide to connecting with other phones mentioning the aspects above. Gr8fully Sam :)

Guest mini_man

thats only active sync, i wanted phone to phone. but i think i cracked it as my friend next door sent me somthing via bluetooth, it didnt work last time as i didnt enable incoming files in beam options.

If i leave that setting on will it lose me battery life

I personally always have my bluetooth on Discoverable and in the settings I leave Passkey Required unticked and tick revieve all incoming beams and my battery life is fine.

Best way to send files is using Smart Explorer which is free

Guest mini_man

Ok brill. Yesterday I was trying to send and recieve files to my friends SGH Z550 (via bt) it worked but i had to type in passcodes which i had unchecked, but later on my friends sent me a file no problem. One thing i dont understand is that I cant send irda to my old Sagem MY X7 (just typical camera video vga) it got stuck on pending when using the album, and sed error sending on smart explorer

Guest pd.ryder

I've always had issues with the whole SPV range and their (in)ability to reliably send/receive BT files. I can't understand why such progressive devices as the SPV's have had to rely on an aweful BT radio stack, which doesn't appear to have improved since the Canary. People never seem to have such problems with their Nokia's or Samsung's, do they? All BT'ing files to each other willy-nilly. Me and my SMARTphone, seem to need a system restart every time the "BEAM" button gets pressed when the whole damned thing gets stuck solid (or "PENDING" as it's known in HTC circles).

Really, though, it's very annoying.

Guest mini_man

One reason i bought this phone is so i can use infrared with my friends and so i can connect it to pc (but with the cable it doesnt matter) im so far happy with BT now i got it running. Well ive only tried Irda with my old phone which was never really compatible anyway but most of my friends have BT which is good so ill just use that from now on.