Slider - slight give in closed position?

Guest CrispyUK

Guest CrispyUK

Hey guys, just a quick query.

When your Wizard is in the closed position do you have a slight bit of movement between the screen and the keyboard parts, it's a fractional distance but gives an audible knock as it moves from marginally slid open to fully closed.

It's a MDA Vario, wanted to check whether mine's slightly mis-aligned or if everybodies is the same.

Cheers :)

Guest jonhitch

Do you mean 'does it click into place'? Mine has a reassuring click when it goes from almost closed to closed. I only have a very small amount of movement between the screen and keyboard (approx 2mm).

If yours is different to that (as others have also reported) I would send yours back and get a replacement - otherwise it will only get worse. i'm wondering how long the mechansim will last! I've had my phone 2 months so far with no real problems (except for the battery - see other thread!)

Guest CrispyUK
Do you mean 'does it click into place'? Mine has a reassuring click when it goes from almost closed to closed.  I only have a very small amount of movement between the screen and keyboard (approx 2mm).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nope, this is 'after' it's clicked into place, pushing side to side (but with not enough force to click the mechanism open) gives a slight movement and resultant knock/tap noise each time it hits its fully closed limit.