Sprite Backup for WM5 - now in beta!

Guest Eran

The good folks over at Sprite Software have announced the release of a Beta version of their excellent backup tool suited for WM5!

Unfortunately, the long awaited release of a client supporting Smartphone devices hasn't happened yet and only PocketPC users can try out this new version.

The beta is intended both for QVGA and VGA screens and is supposed to bring all the great qualities of recent versions of the backup utility software to Microsoft's latest Operating System.

Lets keep our fingers crossed that a smartphone version will be released soon.

Meanwhile, you can check out the relevant download links at the company's discussion forum.

post-2517-1135342714_thumb.jpg

Guest belfast-biker

Haven't tested a restore yet, but the backup works well when done manually, but is huge when it's a scheduled backup, as it backup EVERYTHING.

Can't really use scheduled backup under these circumstances.... I feel I'm missing something though, so it may be me!

Guest belfast-biker

Haven't tested a restore yet, but the backup works well when done manually, but is huge when it's a scheduled backup, as it backup EVERYTHING.

Can't really use scheduled backup under these circumstances.... I feel I'm missing something though, so it may be me!

Guest belfast-biker
How huge is huge? With sprite at the moment I backup everynight to a CF card. Is spriteĀ  wm5 that different?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Depends how much music is on the card.

I backup 70Mb manually. It backs up typically 300Mb when it does it scheduled, as it seems to do EVERYTHING.

That takes me to close for my liking to the capacity of my SD card, as I use it for my digicam also for the moment.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.