Damn! Damn! and double Damn!

Guest Brownstone

Guest Brownstone

Had my C550 for 6 days now, and all of a sudden it won't charge! I've tried my charger, my Fiancee's charger, both our USB cables to no avail. I only have one bar on my battery and the bloody Orange shop won't be open until tomorrow! Anyone got any ideas? Actually, I might just take it back for a refund and order a £99 replacement online.

Speaking of taking it back, I adjusted the registry and turned off the SIM lock to allow me to use my o2 PAYG card. Is there any way I could get it back to its original settings? ie a hard reset maybe?

Thanks, and Merry Christmas from me and my poorly C550 (which I have fallen in love with, despite it's problem),

BS...

Guest mini_man

Oh man that sucks, but at least u might get ure £ 30 back, yeh definetly hard reset gets rid of app. lock and sim lock.but back up everything! maybe the christmas spirit will repair it ;)

Guest Brownstone

I hope not, I want a refund! Thanks for the tip about the reset, I'm assuming there'll be a guide somewhere on Modaco for it. Off to look now.

All the best guys,

BS...

Guest Brownstone

Well, called Orange last night to get a fault code and was told they'll only refund within 14 days. Bollox! Some of my accessories are at work and I don't go back 'til the 3rd January. Oh well, I'll just have to settle for an exchange. At least I'll get a brand new phone out of it, as mine has a little scratch on the bottom right of the case. Dunno how I'm going to get all my pictures and videos off the MiniSD card though, as I don't have a converter to use it with my computer. They should let me keep my MiniSD and give them the new one to go with the faulty phone, but we'll see. The opening tosh on the PAYG customer service line says they pride themselves on excellent customer service. I hope so...

All the best for 2006 to all on Modaco,

BS...

Edited by Brownstone

Dunno how I'm going to get all my pictures and videos off the MiniSD card though, as I don't have a converter to use it with my computer.

Have you got Activesync working? If so, use Activesyncs Explore function when connected. Double click "My Windows Mobile-Based Device" icon, wait a while, and you'll see all the directories.

Storage is the phone's main memory, Storage Card is the Mini-SD. Your photos and videos will be under My Documents. Just drag the ones you want over to your PC.

Edited by Metoo

Guest fluffcat1
Well, called Orange last night to get a fault code and was told they'll only refund within 14 days. Bollox! Some of my accessories are at work and I don't go back 'til the 3rd January. Oh well, I'll just have to settle for an exchange. At least I'll get a brand new phone out of it, as mine has a little scratch on the bottom right of the case. Dunno how I'm going to get all my pictures and videos off the MiniSD card though, as I don't have a converter to use it with my computer. They should let me keep my MiniSD and give them the new one to go with the faulty phone, but we'll see. The opening tosh on the PAYG customer service line says they pride themselves on excellent customer service. I hope so...

All the best for 2006 to all on Modaco,

BS...

Walk into a shop, buy a c550, use the accesories from that to refund your faulty one. If you exchange you'll get someone else's returned phone so check it over carefully. Once exchange you can't then refund as the IMEI won't match. Despite orange being the cause of the mis-match they won't have any of it - I've tried.

Richard

Well, called Orange last night to get a fault code and was told they'll only refund within 14 days. Bollox!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's what I'd say to them and their 14 day refund policy - BOLLOX!

I would totally ignore it. Any Terms & Conditions imposed by a company cannot infringe your rights under UK law, in this case the Sale of Goods Act.

The SoGA states:

If goods do not conform to contract at the time of sale, purchasers can request their money back "within a reasonable time". (This is not defined and will depend on circumstances)

I grant you the term "reasonable" is the grey area here, but I'd be willing to bet any Magistrate would consider a fault within 30 days to be a reasonable time and qualify for a refund.

Press the point with Orange and demand a refund.

That's what I'd say to them and their 14 day refund policy - BOLLOX!

I would totally ignore it. Any Terms & Conditions imposed by a company cannot infringe your rights under UK law, in this case the Sale of Goods Act.

The SoGA states:

I grant you the term "reasonable" is the grey area here, but I'd be willing to bet any Magistrate would consider a fault within 30 days to be a reasonable time and qualify for a refund.

Press the point with Orange and demand a refund.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Agreed. The 14 day rule is Oranges own policy, over and above your statutory rights, which allows you to return a perfectly good phone simply because you changed your mind. If the phone is faulty, then it's an entirely different ball game, and the full protection of SoGA comes into play. Most UK retailers set the "reasonable time" for an automatic refund under SoGA at 28 days, but this can still be disputed in court.

Edited by Metoo