Sound quiet

Guest greenturtle

Guest mini_man

Heya just got my phone 2 days ago and i just noticed that when i recieve a txt music and video go completely quiet, it on 100% and my earpiece volume control is on full also when i plug my headphones in with an adapter the music comes out speaker and headphones :evil: my socket has been fine and produced exellent sound quality so i know it cant be that. any one else have this problem?? could it be firmware my phone is decert and unlocked with free method. only way to fix this at the moment is by turning off then on which is annoying as it will happen again when i recieve a txt and as u many know boot up time is not exactly very quick!

Manufacturer 1.0.1.18

Microsoft 4.21.15159.0

Guest pd.ryder

This is quite normal and is governed by a menu command called "In-Call Volume alert" (or something similar). It does this to save your eardrums should you get a txt whilst on a call.

It can be adjusted to some extent, might be within the Sounds menu or perhaps the Profiles menu - can't remember exactly - but it'll keep you busy Christmas Day afternoon looking for it ;)

Guest hey_tim
i cant find this option in the menu, are u sure it will resolve the quiet media playing after reciving at txt?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

if you have text alert set to do nothing(?) this can exacerbate the problem.

update! i located this incall volume alert function, set it to off but ive still got this stupid problem, will downgrading the firmware help

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

In case others are still looking, "In Call alert Volume" is in Settings/Accessibility.

Edited by Metoo

Guest pd.ryder

Well found!!

What if you set it to 5? Got mine set on 2 so I don't get full vol beeps in my ear but if it's set to 5 maybe the sound won't dip at all?