Camera Shutter Speed

Guest greenturtle

Guest mini_man

I get annoyed somtimes with the shutter speed, for example if baby my cousin pulls a funny face, i cant keep her still to take the picture because when i get the snap of her pulling the face she moves :evil: which creates a blurry picture,

im using a 1280 X 1024

with super fine settings

Guest pd.ryder

This problem is due to a very slow refresh rate on the sensor itself. Many manufacturers have overcome this problem but HTC don't seem to think it important.

Just look at the difference between Nokia's and the like. Even lowly Samsung phones seems to do much better. The 'night shot' or 'low light' setting on either of these is far superior to the HTC variants - particularly on video settings.

I'm very disappointed by the performance of the HTC devices generally in this respect.

Guest mini_man

I agree, although nokias shutter speed is worse, alot worse from my experience. My old sagem my x7 sucked but the best bit was the vga camera, it took pictures using the full screen, had a built in editing suite and the camera shutter was instant.

Guest pd.ryder

I know the older SPV's used IA Style Camera Suite and I'm sure they still use their software. Maybe we should address this problem to them directly.

Could they update the software for us? Probably.

Would they? Probably not.

Guest pd.ryder

I was on about the camera software itself - what to do with the info from the sensor.

There is 'Pocket Image Editor v1.2' - I've got it and its fairly extensive really. Its freeware so if you want to give it a go I'll post a .zip for you. Can't remember where it came from but probably from within these pages, somewhere. Try a search. If you have no luck finding it, I'll post it.