MPX220 w/HS820 Problem

Guest vitixme

Guest vitixme

I have an MPx220 w/ver. 1.43. After having difficulties with pairing, I have master reset the phone and followed the motorola instructions to a tee. I cannot complete the pairing process with an HS820 bt headset. The phone recognizes the headset and prompts me to enter the passcode. I have entered "0000", as well as "1234" and "4321" (per instructions from motorola tech support). The phone gives the following message:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Error

Your Smartphone did not connect with HS820. The connection failed or the passkey is incorrect.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone have a similar experience? I have exhausted my internet search, and the tech at moto recommended that I take it into a Cingular store - I can see the blank stares on the reps' faces now. He also suggested that I take it to a moto service center 200 miles from my home. I hope someone can give me an easier solution.

Thanks.

Guest vitixme
I have an MPx220 w/ver. 1.43.  After having difficulties with pairing, I have master reset the phone and followed the motorola instructions to a tee.  I cannot complete the pairing process with an HS820 bt headset.  The phone recognizes the headset and prompts me to enter the passcode.  I have entered "0000", as well as "1234" and "4321" (per instructions from motorola tech support).  The phone gives the following message:

Error

Your Smartphone did not connect with HS820.  The connection failed or the passkey is incorrect.

Anyone have a similar experience?  I have exhausted my internet search, and the tech at moto recommended that I take it into a Cingular store - I can see the blank stares on the reps' faces now.  He also suggested that I take it to a moto service center 200 miles from my home.  I hope someone can give me an easier solution.

Thanks.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just borrowed a friend's Razr and tried to pair IT up with the 820. Same deal. No connection after code entry. Must be the headset. Boy, that crack staff at Moto has all the answers.

Guest vitixme
Just borrowed a friend's Razr and tried to pair IT up with the 820.  Same deal.  No connection after code entry.  Must be the headset.  Boy, that crack staff at Moto has all the answers.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just got the new HS820 from Amazon. Man, those cats are quick. I sent them notification yesterday about the broken HS and UPS dropped a new one at my door today. Got it charged up and working. (nice)