C550 : Regarding battery life

Guest Sheldon

Guest Sheldon

Hey all,

I recieved a SPV C550 for xmas, just like I wanted, so I decided to pop in here to see what I could get in terms of of software, and noticed some complaints about battery life. Because of this, I decided to keep a check of mine to see if everything is alright. Within the first 30 hours [after being full charged for the 16 hours advised] the battery was basically dead. I was a bit concerned but I thought Id charge it up again and see what happened. I charge it up till about 60% and then put it in the USB charger so I could do stuff while it was charging. It said the battery was full, took it off charge and it immediately dropped to 76% :/ I tried again and the next time it dropped to 74%.

At this point I was really concerned, so I stuck it in the mains charger for a hour or two and it worked that time, not dropping the power level when I pulled out the charger. Based on the concerns I've had, I've decided to do a test. For the last hour and a half it has been on MP3 player, full blast and on the speaker, no headphones. The battery was 100% at 4:15PM when I put it on the MP3 player, and it is now at 83% at 5:53PM. I'm disappointed in this, but is this all I can expect from this phone? Or should the battery life be better?

I can still return it for I'm still within the 14 day return [obviously]. What should I do?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Welcome to the forum ;)

Go to Start - Settings - Power Management and change backlight timeout and screen timeout to 30secs. Should see great improvement in battery life. Setting the screen timeout to never sucks your battery like a Dyson.

Guest RufusA
I've done that. Any other ideas?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Move to an area with a strong mobile phone signal. In my experience the strength of the signal seems to make a big difference to standby times on mobiles (or try putting it in Flight mode if you don't need anyone to contact you).

For example on my old SE P800 I could get just over a day's standby with a weak signal, and nearly 4 - 5 days standby with a full signal.

YMMV - Rufus.

my old c550's battery died and would only last a day max. nothing I could do would fix it!

I have a new one now and it has excellent battety again! easy 2 days with use. and I have the worst signal ever at my house 0 to 1 bar max!... lucky I have moved to t-mobile ;) full signal! p.s. I have so £20 vouchers if you want to join t-mobile!... send me a PM.

Guest hey_tim

I came to the 550 from a nokia. The nokia could go for a week between charges whereas the 550 goes on the charger every couple of days, just to be on the safe side. I do tend to used it a darned sight more than the nokia so I guess that's just the pay-off :?:

my old c550's battery died and would only last a day max. nothing I could do would fix it!

I have a new one now and it has excellent battety again! easy 2 days with use. and I have the worst signal ever at my house 0 to 1 bar max!... lucky I have moved to t-mobile ;) full signal! p.s. I have so £20 vouchers if you want to join t-mobile!... send me a PM.