Getting data from MAC to Smartphone

Guest MrIndependent

Guest MrIndependent

Is there any way of getting data from a MAC to a smartphone (with Windows Mobile 5) without using a sync program? I don't need to sync anything, just need a way to get stuff on my phone and the SD card....

Guest rsearley
Is there any way of getting data from a MAC to a smartphone (with Windows Mobile 5) without using a sync program? I don't need to sync anything, just need a way to get stuff on my phone and the SD card....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The best way is with a memory card reader just to transfer files, or if you have a bluetooth dongle you could send the files via bluetooth

or, if you mac has wireless, or is connected to the net, and you use wireless on your phone you could use apache webserver on your mac, and download the items through IE on the phone

www.pocketmac.net will soon release V4 which will support WM5 you can sync, or simply transfer files throuch the supplied data cable connected to the macs usb port

The best way is with a memory card reader just to transfer files,  or if you have a bluetooth dongle you could send the files via bluetooth

or, if you mac has wireless, or is connected to the net, and you use wireless on your phone you could use apache webserver on your mac, and download the items through IE on the phone

www.pocketmac.net  will soon release V4 which will support WM5  you can sync, or simply transfer files throuch the supplied data cable connected to the macs usb port

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There's actually a better way of syncing. I've been using (for months now) www.4smartphone.net. They provide an exchange server that keeps each of your computers (and Windows Mobile devices) in sync. It's great and not that expensive. Plus when I update something somewhere, it gets synced through the Internet to all of my other devices.

I'm running dual operating systems on my home computer (Win XP & Mac OS X x86). Entourage supports Microsoft Exchange servers as well as Outlook.

Hope this helps!