Today screen plugins

Guest bsterngillet

Guest bsterngillet

Hey everyone,

Just got myself an XDA Mini and, so far, this is what I've done.

I chose the corporate install, using a code I found, so as to get rid of all the O2 crap. I then popped my Orange sim in, set all the GPRS/MMS settings, perked myself to a nice new theme (from BuzzDev) ... and that's where I'm at now.

I've been looking into all these today screen plugins. Should I get one? Which one? Are they actually useful, or do they just slow the phone down?

Is there any other unmissable software I should put on?

Cheers very much,

B

Guest chucky.egg

Spb PocketPlus is great, although I think there are freeware apps that (combined) will produce the same effect of having icons on your Today screen to launch applications, phone calls, SMS etc

Spb Diary is also very useful if you're a big user of your calendar.

Guest Phil Lee

I spent about a month trying out various today plugins. In the end I plumped for SBSH PocketBreeze. I make a lot of use of its calendar and task mangement components. I then added SBSH ContactBreeze for contact mangement and SBSH PocketWeather for weather forecasting. All these plugins work together within PocketBreeze. Finally I completed the set by buying SBSH iLauncher to start a whole range of programs from the Today screen.

All of these programs are available on a trial basis and can be bought very cheaply from Modaco. Give them a try, you have nothing to lose and in my opinion they transform the phone.

Posted using my Vario (something I would never have done without the keyboard).

Guest chucky.egg

Something else worth considering... SBSH are the people that made Papyrus for the MS Smartphone, and their support and response to fetaure requests is absolutely first class.

I didn't get on with Pocket Breeze, which is why I went for the SPB apps instead, but that's no reflection on SBSH as a company.

Pocket Breeze is roughly equivalent to Spb Diary - Calendar, Tasks, Notes and Contacts

iLauncher is a bit like Spb Pocket Plus, but AFAIK PocketPlus is the only one with "Safe Mode" (at least it was when I got it). Safe Mode is very useful - it lets you boot without any plugins etc when you're phone rejects a bit of software or otherwise bugger about.

Guest bsterngillet

Cheers for the advice everyone. I lumped for SPB PocketPlus, but, after about 3 days of realising it slowed the phone down, caused a couple of niggling problems, and that I just didn't use it that much, I uninstalled it. Oh well!