stylus argghhhh

Guest jiffk

Anyone else having problems with the stylus staying in he hole

it used to be fine then it got lose but not too bad ... then i dropped it and it was a nice snug fit

now for some reason its extreamly loose ... it stays in under its own weight but if you brush against it its starts to come out

anyone else had this problem?

anyway to solve it?

thanks

Guest funkmaster

yeh been having this issue quite alot recently..

was in the pub last night and by chance saw a stylus on the floor that looked similar - turns out it was mine..

any ideas how to resolve this? without using blutak ;)

h.

Guest brykins
Anyone else having problems with the stylus staying in he hole

I sent my Wizard back to O2 partly for this reason - although mine was fine, I had read a couple of posts in various places about loosening stylus's and wondered about how long they would last. My Magician was still firmly locking in place after a year's daily use so I went for a Magician II on T-Mobile instead.

Also has the benefit of the stylus coming out of the top, so if it should wear loose, the chance of it falling out is less than the bottom ejecting one on the Wizard. Can't work out WHY they made the stylus come out of the bottom of the Wizard - it's not the natural place to reach for it and means that if you have a cradle, you need to keep the stylus out or have a spare floating around.

Guest welshgaz

Had my wizard for about 6 weeks now. Just starting to notice the stylus isnt extending automatically when I pull it out of the slot.

Guess this is the start of the problem... :cry:

^ Ditto, started finding that you pull it out and then have to extent it, so rubbed a v.thin coating of beeswax on it and I can extend it before it pulling it out of the slot (I did try and think of another way of wording that, but couldn't ;) )

Guest welshgaz
^ Ditto, started finding that you pull it out and then have to extent it, so rubbed a v.thin coating of beeswax on it and I can extend it before it pulling it out of the slot (I did try and think of another way of wording that, but couldn't  ;) )

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good one,

Cheers mate I'll try it

• 2 weeks later...
Guest chickyd
Good one,

Cheers mate I'll try it

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Had this same problem. I've now lost both the original and spare stylus for my Qtek.

Raging.

Anyone know where I can get a replacement that won't go walkies?

Guest welshgaz

try www.expansys.com I know they sell them there, or try the O2 or T-Mobile shops if you don't like buying on the net. Expansys do them for about £7 ish I think.

Welshgaz

Guest chickyd
try www.expansys.com I know they sell them there, or try the O2 or T-Mobile shops if you don't like buying on the net. Expansys do them for about £7 ish I think.

Welshgaz

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

cheers mate.

found the spare on my bedroom floor. put it back in and the next day it wasn't there anymore.

This is a serious flaw!

What i really need is a stylus that stays put! Not going to spend money on getting a replacement Qtek one - i know it'll just fall out!

• 1 month later...
Guest DeanoSMB
any ideas how to resolve this? without using blutak :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Had the Vario for 3 months now and the stylus falling out has just become a major issue.

Bizarrely funkmaster you may have the best solution there. A small blob of blutack shoved into the stylus holder seems to do the trick - and so far hasn't come out with the stylus itself. Not exactly white heat of technology, but it might be the best way to solve it.

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

Mine is 3 months old and while it is a loose fit now, it still has a definate "click" when you put it back. However i have my softkeys remapped to allow stylus-free use in portrait or landscape, so its not had too much wear on it...

Guest Swampie
Mine is 3 months old and while it is a loose fit now, it still has a definate "click" when you put it back.  However i have my softkeys remapped to allow stylus-free use in portrait or landscape, so its not had too much wear on it...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Can you explain a little more about your softkey mappings, and what you've done with them to allow stylus-free use.

D

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

email button is Start Menu

PocketIE button for OK/Close

Remapped the bottom left softkey on the today screen as "Messaging".

This allows me to do almost anything bar text entry without the stylus or touching the screen. If i do need to input text thats what the slide out keyboard is for! :)

Guest JonnyP007

i am now on my first packet of stylus bought from ebay and was going to put blue tac in the hole to prevent loosing my new ones

but i thaught i would try cellotape first.

i have wrapped it round twice and can barely see it due to careful wrapping.

it really fits well now and will not fall out. it even extends as you pull it out.

give it a try before putin blue tac in as once its in, its in