Activesync stops working on PC

Guest st3ph3n

Guest st3ph3n

I got my vario today. Got TT5 installed and running and now looking for some more apps to play with.

I was messing about in TT5 getting the speed camera warnings setup when I noticed my activesync connection had died again. Now when I plug it into any USB port on the PC it wont work.

A reboot solves the problem, but it's not the first time it's happened today.

It's charging off the USB, so it knows its there, but it just wont connect.

XP SP2 full patched running Activesync 4.1.

Loving the Vario though. Nice bit of kit. Will search around for more useful apps to get installed.

Edited by st3ph3n

Guest zombiefly
I got my vario today. Got TT5 installed and running and now looking for some more apps to play with.

I was messing about in TT5 getting the speed camera warnings setup when I noticed my activesync connection had died again. Now when I plug it into any USB port on the PC it wont work.

A reboot solves the problem, but it's not the first time it's happened today.

It's charging off the USB, so it knows its there, but it just wont connect.

XP SP2 full patched running Activesync 4.1.

Loving the Vario though. Nice bit of kit. Will search around for more useful apps to get installed.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

is the active sync icon still near the clock?

Guest st3ph3n

The icon is still there. It's a fresh Activesync install just yesterday morning too. I've not got Virtual PC installed.

My C500 refuses to connect as well when it crashes.

Part of me is tempted to say it's actually a USB issue, because plugging in my bluetooth dongle, or removing my printer and plugging it in again means they wont work either.

But it's activesync dying that's causing it in the first place I think.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest grumpydad

Yeah, you are not alone in this, i have had mine for a couple of days now and every time i activesync it does exactly the same after using the phone while connected.

Guest m1.carson

Hi,

Two of us have the same problem:-

Plug in phone, active sync starts, error message>you have plugged in an unrecognised USB device, active sync stops.

Hardware/software :- and this is interesting,

Mine

MPx200>Win2003>Intel anypoint adsl modem>Win XP>Active sync 3.8

Jeffs

Nokia 3210>symbian>BT Voyager modem>WinXP>Nokia data suite

I noticed my USB hub and modem turn off when the error message pops up, [don't know about Jeffs], but I've fixed mine,should hear about Jeffs today.

Fix:- plug the modem directly into the USB port of the PC and leave the phone in the hub, if that doesn't work for you, try different combinations of the same thing.

Who would you go to to say "this bit of kit you sold me doesn't work, the only thing in common is XP and ADSL"