WPA on Universal/Exec possible?

Guest MuppetUK

Guest MuppetUK

Can't find mention of WPA on exec anywhere can anyone help please? :cry:

Please no suggestions to use crap like WEP or other alternatives, a strong pre-shared WPA key is all I will use on my WAN ;)

Edited by MuppetUK

Guest nrj1999

I use a WPA pre-shared key on my Exec and wireless network with no problem. I just turned on the wifi on the Exec and when it prompted me to put in the network key, I typed in the passphrase and it connected up first time.

If this doesn't work automatically, you might have to configure things manually. To see the settings for the wireless network, turn on the wifi function on the Exec and then go to Start>Settings>Connections>Network Cards>Wireless. You should see you access point name and if you tap and hold the name, you should get to the area where you can change your network key and encryption settings.

I use a Belkin Wireless-G router but I have had big problems connecting up to Linksys routers and never worked out why this should be. For some reason, with Linksys routers, the ip address does not get assigned by DHCP properly and you have to put all the settings in manually. To do this, get the settings for you network from another computer (in Windows, go to a command prompt and type in ipconfig /all to see the ip address and dns settings you need). On your Exec, go to Start>Settings>Connections>Network Cards>Network Adapters and tap the tiacxwln entry to change its settings. Change it to use a specific ip address based on the one from your computer but with a different last octet that you know is not already in use. On the name servers tab, put in the DNS server addresses you got from ipconfig on your Windows PC.

Sorry if I am teaching you to suck eggs but you never know what level people are working at.

Guest MuppetUK

Thanks, I should of looked harder instead of giving up!!

It's a shame you cant paste in WPA keys as typing out long ones are annoying, all working now though.

PS: Anyone know any good wireless WM5-compatabile apps to scan networks etc?

Guest removed-14
Thanks, I should of looked harder instead of giving up!!

It's a shame you cant paste in WPA keys as typing out long ones are annoying, all working now though.

PS: Anyone know any good wireless WM5-compatabile apps to scan networks etc?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wififofum works on WM5

Guest removed-14
I just use MAC address security on my network. If anyone can be bothered to hack it they are welcome!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

MAC spoofing is easy to do with a laptop. Just need to sniff your packets to watch for your MAC address. ;)

Guest Confucious
MAC spoofing is easy to do with a laptop. Just need to sniff your packets to watch for your MAC address. ;)

If you want to sniff my packets then you can.

I prefer sheep myself.