MPx220 struck on Headset Profile

Guest skyw@lker

Guest skyw@lker

I have MPx220 with Asian 3.45 ROM that i bought over ebay a couple of months ago. Everything was working fine until recently when I decided to buy a converter for 2.5mm headset jack to 3.5 mm standard jack in order to use the MPx220 as a music player in my car (using the CD => cassette converter). After couple of days of use i realise that my phone was struck on headset profile even though the headset had been taken off. I tried everything from cleaning the socket with paper to hard reset & even flashing the device again but no use :cry: . It works perfectly fine when I plug in headset, as it should. Just that when I take out the headset phone stay struck on headset profile and goes to redial last number screen?? I have tried to change profile from Automatic (which I normally use) to Normal, loud, slient, but of no use at all... :cry:

I contacted Motorola service centre Motorola ServiceOne in Melbourne & got curt reply from receptionist. "Sir I have talked to our technician and he is of the view that this seems like a software problem & we do not handle software issues, will have to send your handset to Motorola's main service centre will take about 2-3 weeks” All this even without looking at the phone!!!

Has anyone faced similar issue before??? I feel something is wrong with the hardware. Would be thankful to anyone who can provide any suggestions.

Thanks in anticipation.

Guest max1956bikes

I have MPx220 with Asian 3.45 ROM that i bought over ebay a couple of months ago. Everything was working fine until recently when I decided to buy a converter for 2.5mm headset jack to 3.5 mm standard jack in order to use the MPx220 as a music player in my car (using the CD => cassette converter). After couple of days of use i realise that my phone was struck on headset profile even though the headset had been taken off.

hi this has been talked about before on modaco.if you give it a search im sure you will find it.it seem when takeing plug out the bit inside thinks its still there.if you have an airline not to powerfull you can give a little blow in jack hole.

Guest skyw@lker
hi this has been talked about before on modaco.if you give it a search im sure you will find it.it seem when takeing plug out the bit inside thinks its still there.if you have an airline not to powerfull you can give a little blow in jack hole.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hi max

thanks for your reply. did some search both on modaco and some other sites & to my surprise realised this seems to be fairly common problem with smartphones across manufacturers. :shock:

I did as you suggested and the profile changed to normal!!! but not for long, it's now alernating between headset & normal profiles on it's own. :roll:

I did some more search and came across this page with lists a host of remedies for this problem: http://www.coolsmartphone.com/index.php?op...tid=58&Itemid=3

Am gonna try first to blow harder (maybe use a vaccum cleaner's blower end?) or the WM40 or a cocktail stick. Hopefully one of them would fix it up.

hi max

thanks for your reply. did some search both on modaco and some other sites & to my surprise realised this seems to be fairly common problem with smartphones across manufacturers.  :shock:

I did as you suggested and the profile changed to normal!!! but not for long, it's now alernating between headset & normal profiles on it's own.  :roll:

I did some more search and came across this page with lists a host of remedies for this problem: http://www.coolsmartphone.com/index.php?op...tid=58&Itemid=3

Am gonna try first to blow harder (maybe use a vaccum cleaner's blower end?) or the WM40 or a cocktail stick. Hopefully one of them would fix it up.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This problem also happens when you trying to use other then Motorola handsets - Samsung for example - as I found problem is in heatsets jack - connector inside of the phone is a bit unstandart - dunno why - why whn you pluging other jacks then original Motorola headsets - 2,5 to 3,5 like in this case - switcher inside phone sticks in this position and its hard to cwitch it back - but after sometime I get it back finaly and secided not to use other headsets...