8310 gets very slow when messaging.

Guest wochen

Guest wochen

My qtek 8310 is getting very slow when i'm reading and writing sms. It almost seems like it frezes, but after a long while (sometimes up to a minute or so) it finally reacts. This doesnt happen every time, but when it does its very annoying. :evil:

Is there someone else who suffer from a similar problem?

Edited by wochen

Guest dm.wood

I wouldn't be surprised if it's the file size of the MMS you are reading or writing that causing the problem.

Check the file size of the of the media files you are sending receiving using MMS.. I wouldn't be surprised if they were quite large.. 2-3Mb ?

I dont use MMS much but even with comparitively small music clips or video files (150-750kb) my Qtek 8310 takes between 5-15 seconds to compile or read the MMS.

Guest dm.wood
Yes, if this was about MMS I would understand. But i havent sent or recived any MMS with my 8310 yet, my problem is about SMS.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ooops foot in mouth time... :oops: I should have read the post more carefully, sorry!

With SMS on my Qtek 8310 I have had no real problems... only the occaisional send failure when coverage was poor.

How many SMS messages are you storing on the device? This may cause the delay ..I had it o an SPV 200 when I had over a 1000 SMS stored. Clearing them down sorted it though.

Guest mwille

I have noticed something similar. My 8310 appears to have a tiny memory leak and I haven't yet figured out whats causing it.. Memory slowly runs back from 60% after boot down to 24% when you start to notice problems like slow programs.

My best guess so far is that either the Battplug plugin on my homescreen or Xbar 3 since they are the only two third party things that are running 24/7...

Perhaps something similar is going on with your phone ?