Disappearing email accounts?!

Guest FrankyG

Guest FrankyG

Does anyone know where the the email account information is stored on the Exec, apart from the registry? i was thinking of having a look around some of the databases, but I'm not sure which reader/editor to use. This is my first PPC, so any recommendations for a database reader/editor would be welcome.

No matter what I delete from the registry, my old, but now invisible email account, IS still there. It's got 4 unread messages showing on the today screen which are impossible to access! annoying.

Thanks...

Guest FrankyG
Have you tried looking here? http://www.modaco.com/Phantom_SMS_FIX_with...uff-t54501.html

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yeah, i downloaded a trial DB viewer but there does not seem to be an equivalent cemail.vol or similar on the m5000. It does find some databases, but they are application databases, msn contacts database etc. Can *anyone* shed light on where the system database is that contains the email/sms/mms information?

*EDIT* I used the DB Viewer referred to in the original post - which does give me access to the cemail.vol and other databases. BUT, after deleting the 2 records AND deleting all references to my old email account in the registry - the unread email count STILL appears on the today screen :shock: thats before and after a sof reset. This aint working at all...D'oh!! There is one counter which I located in the cemail.vol database which equals 4 (the number of unread messages) that I'm tempted to delete..But...not too sure about doing that. The counter is called Airsync:PermanentID ..no idea what this is. Achht, think it's time for a hard reset...

Edited by FrankyG