Mapping Network Drives?

Guest mcwarre

Guest mcwarre

I have set up my wi-fi on my K-Jam and can happily surf the net; what I want to be able to do is stream music etc over the connection. I have Resco File explorer and go to my network places and it comes up with 'Mick' when I try and map network drive it says 'cannot map network path. network resource cannot be found or you do not have permission...'

I know that the root of teh drive is shared and have tried it with firewallon and off no joy. Any helpers?

Ta

Guest cthulhu
I know that the root of teh drive is shared and have tried it with firewallon and off no joy.  Any helpers?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Strange though it may seem I solved this same problem.

Couldn't get my PC to show in Resco File Explorer...

Playing about with the wireless settings, I moved the wireless slider over to Best Performance. Then on selecting 'Map Drive', like magic the PC appeared with all its shared drives ready to be selected for mapping.

C

8)

Guest mcwarre

@cthulhu

Thanks it works now!

Next question......

When I try to stream mp3s or videos WMP says 'the parameter is incorrect' (and it states 'error' under the filename'; interestingly, wma's play ok!?!

Any ideas???

Guest stretchy
@cthulhu

Thanks it works now!

Next question......

When I try to stream mp3s or videos WMP says 'the parameter is incorrect' (and it states 'error' under the filename'; interestingly, wma's play ok!?!

Any ideas???

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, had the same problem, dunno why wmp wont play, but try playing via TCPMP, works fine here and is a free download too.

Good Luck

Stretchy

Guest mcwarre
Yeah, had the same problem, dunno why wmp wont play, but try playing via TCPMP, works fine here and is a free download too.

Good Luck

Stretchy

TVM. Works excellent. Cheers!! ;) :D