C500 tomtom and rom problems

Guest mandinga

Guest mandinga

I'm after some help please.

I got some problems using the Orange SPV C500, I can't seem to get tomtom to recognise my GPS receiver. I've also tried a friend's GPS receiver and I seem to have the same problem with that.

I'm running: Version 4.21.1088 (Build 15045.5.6.0)

I've tried to install the Orange Rom upgrades but everytime I try to install them the phone goes to the bootloader screen and the installation fails.

I was hoping the rom upgrades would solve my tomtom problems.

Can anyone suggest what I might be doing wrong?

PS. I can connect to the device in the B/Tooth settings, and it works on another phone.

Guest mortalwombat

I got some problems using the Orange SPV C500, I can't seem to get tomtom to recognise my GPS receiver. I've also tried a friend's GPS receiver and I seem to have the same problem with that.

I've tried to install the Orange Rom upgrades but everytime I try to install them the phone goes to the bootloader screen and the installation fails.

PS. I can connect to the device in the B/Tooth settings, and it works on another phone.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Use the TomTom GPS unit that came with your TomTom software.

Guest mandinga

Unfortunately I don't have a tom tom receiver.

I can't get my C500 to work on two different kinds of gps receiver, so it doesn't appear to be a fault with the receiver.

If I thought a tom tom reciever would solve the problem I would consider selling mine and buying one but I want to be sure that's the issue before I go down that road.

Guest bagpiper_uk
Unfortunately I don't have a tom tom receiver.

I can't get my C500 to work on two different kinds of gps receiver, so it doesn't appear to be a fault with the receiver.

If I thought a tom tom reciever would solve the problem I would consider selling mine and buying one but I want to be sure that's the issue before I go down that road.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

tomtom 4 will not work correctly with the new orange rom. But tomtom mobile 5 does work and can be used with non tomtom gps units

• 2 months later...
Guest ziffos

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry but you will have to use a dedicated TomTom Bluetooth receiver for TomTom to work on your C500.

Guest Miniman99

Further above you state that its TomTom 4 "I'm running: Version 4.21.1088 (Build 15045.5.6.0)"

TomTom 4 will not work with the latest Orange ROM was only sold with the dedicated TomTom GPS.

TomTom 5 will work with the latest Orange ROM and you can use other GPS units with it.