Homescreen is still showing 1 text unread ?

Guest equ1nox

Guest equ1nox

Hi ALL,

I have found another issue recently which is very odd? On my wizard the today screen has started showing that I have one unread text message and when i open the messages folder its clear i.e there are none because i have deleted everything in there yet the today screen still states that i have one text message unread? I have soft reset the device but this still shows one message as being unread?

The strange thing thats related is when I get more texts the counter on the homescreen increases like it should and if I read then delete all my texts it reverts back to saying I have one text message unread?

I have wondered if the device remembers previous texts and still thinks they are there until it clears its backup or cache?? clutching at staws here and would love advice or if anyone else know's what causing it??

It is really odd? and personally I think its obviously a WM5/2003 issue so any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks to all in advance.

EQ!!

Edited by equ1nox

Guest simon.haffenden

Have you looked in all the folders. i had this and found i had a text message in my drafts folder that i had not sent but showed as an unread. just an idea

Guest cold_fire
Have you looked in all the folders. i had this and found i had a text message in my drafts folder that i had not sent but showed as an unread. just an idea

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Or something extra like a "1"in the .xml file of the homescreen .

Guest equ1nox
Or something extra like a "1"in the .xml file of the homescreen .

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Where do i find the homescreen .XML file?? I have checked all the folders and there is no messages showing ??

• 1 month later...
Guest equ1nox

Hi ALL,

This has been driving me nuts, but I have since found this link:

http://www.pocketpcfaq.com/raj/Unread.html

The tutorial goes through as if its a activesync 1 mail unread problem but after reading the tutorial it doe's look like you can apply this to the messages database in the same way ! so I will give this a go and post on the result.

Please note: to do this you will also need to download the VBview freeware application from the site link to complete the tutorial.

If anyone tries this, then please post your results and lets see if this cures the issue as it would be good to note results on this thread for others

Regards

EQ!! :)