Terminal Services Client

Guest minty1978

Guest minty1978

ok...so i am bored, what shall i do? hmm whats this app on my vario i think??

Terminal Services Client...ooh sound interesting.

cant get the little bugger working though.

I have 2 PC's in the house, both wirelessly networked to my AP (in b/g mode)

so i guess i should be able to control the pc's using the vario....but i cant.

my vario logs onto the AP and uses the broadband connection, but wont connect to the computers.

i have checked firewall settings on the pcs, both allow remote desktop connection.

so.............is there an idiots guide, cos even though i am fairly good with networks etc, i am struggling!!

cheers

Stephen :idea:

hi, yep both on XP sp2, both allow incoming remote connections ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The PC's need to have passwords set-up before Terminal Services will work. Also, try using the computers IP address rather than its name.

Guest daftveggie

I had the same problem and would you believe the answer has nothing to do with the phone.

if you try remote desktopping from one PC to another I bet you it won't work either, the problem is with the data authentication in XP.

so what you have to do (as per microsofts instructions) is have a wee bit of reg editing.

Rather than explaining it all I'll give you the link to the microsoft site that tells you what to do Link to Site

now here is how I found it, in case you're interested.

goto start menu, settings, control panel

then into admin tools and finally event viewer.

In here you want to be looking at the system log.

it's my guess that if you've been trying to connect a few times you're going to see a bunch of error logs with the title TermDD, double click anyone of them and follow the link the to microsoft support centre.

Read and enjoy; Realise that the first knowlagebase article is the one that you want and hay presto it's the same as the link above.

Hope that helped, took me a bit of time to figure it out as well ;)

*PS I take no responsibilty for what happens with reg edits, it's microsoft advice, not mine, don't blame me. It worked for me, if it doesn't work for you, sorry!!*

Edited by daftveggie