Route 66 COM ports

Guest Rhye20

Guest Rhye20

Hello,

I'm posting here cos I have a problem, actually the same problem that a thread in this subforum solves about TomTom COM ports not shown

http://www.modaco.com/How_To_Setup_Tomtom_...am-t229788.html

Route 66 seems to have the same problem, as it shows only COM0, "serial", COM2, COM3, infrared, COM9. While the GPS is set on my k-jam on COM6 or COM7.

Now, after reading that post, I've activated the GPS control panel through the registry hack.

What should I do next, in the Route 66 case?

Guest minty1978

i had the same problem with route 66. i emailed there support team...basically, R66 PPC 2004 does not support WM5.

i guess this is why the ports are different. i think they are working on a new version of R66.

IMO ttn5 is better anyway, thats what i use now. it found my BT77 GPS unit straight away and hasn't missed a beat yet!

Guest Rhye20
i had the same problem with route 66. i emailed there support team...basically, R66 PPC 2004 does not support WM5.

i guess this is why the ports are different. i think they are working on a new version of R66.

IMO ttn5 is better anyway, thats what i use now. it found my BT77 GPS unit straight away and hasn't missed a beat yet!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

the problem with TT5 is that, as far as I know, maps aren't croppable. Isn't it?

That means that I have to use 300 or more MBs of my MMC just to hold maps which I actually use a 10%. Route 66 allows to export from the PC just the areas I want to use - usually no more than 10MB

If you confirm this, is there any external utility that allows TomTom map cropping?

Edited by Rhye20

Guest minty1978

true, the maps to my knowledge aren't croppable.

i have the GB map installed on mine..its about 130mb install. I use a 512mb card, so there is room for more!

if you like travelling, get yourself a 1gb card, then there is room for the maps and music to keep you entertained whilst on the move ;)