M5000 Videophone

Guest davidgee

Guest davidgee

Hi. Does anyone know how to call people from the contacts list using the videophone on the M5000? I can make video calls but only by keying in the number. If I try to call from the contacts list it automatically uses the voice only phone. Any ideas? Thanks, David

Guest DawnBlue
Hi. Does anyone know how to call people from the contacts list using the videophone on the M5000?  I can make video calls but only by keying in the number.  If I try to call from the contacts list it automatically uses the voice only phone.  Any ideas?  Thanks, David

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

open yr contact's page, select the number, press the videocall button on yr keyboard.

alternatively, make the voice call but cancel it immediately and then press the videocall button on the screen.

open yr contact's page, select the number, press the videocall button on yr keyboard.

alternatively, make the voice call but cancel it immediately and then press the videocall button on the screen.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

does it not auromatically detect if the person at the other end can receive a video call?

Guest davidgee
does it not auromatically detect if the person at the other end can receive a video call?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, but only if you've first dialed in video mode. I just find it a bit tortuous having, as DawnBlue says, to first dial then hang up then redial pressing the videophone button (unless the device is open in keyboiard mode).