NEW Qtek 8310 ROM in february

Guest tha_neo

I empathise with you. I had the same problem when I purchases the QTEK 8020. I had no support from anyone so I exchanged it for an imate SP3i. The support from imate was much better.

Now I've got an imate SP5, and it never crossed my mind to get the QTEK 8310 instead, not after the shocking lack of customer services from QTEK.

Guest Buzz313th
So much for iMate having better support. They can be very slow to release ROMs.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

After a bit of research I have come up with this US phone number to HTC in Texas. This is the US offices of HTC. I have called them all day long on Friday (during work hours and will kep trying to call them today). There isn't anyone in the office. Keep getting voicemail. Is this the way to run a company?

HTC Texas............ 713-774-7888

Give em a call and see for yourself.

JB

Guest shamste
After a bit of research I have come up with this US phone number to HTC in Texas.  This is the US offices of HTC.  I have called them all day long on Friday (during work hours and will kep trying to call them today).  There isn't anyone in the office.  Keep getting voicemail.  Is this the way to run a company? 

HTC Texas............  713-774-7888

Give em a call and see for yourself.

JB

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Which ROM are you looking for? The one that was rumored to be released this month? No one has it yet, as far as I have seen, and there are still many days left in February. Patience.

Guest Buzz313th
Which ROM are you looking for?  The one that was rumored to be released this month?  No one has it yet, as far as I have seen, and there are still many days left in February.  Patience.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I understand... But it doesn't look like we will have a way to get it when it does come out...

I guess we will see...

JB

Guest rsearley
any news about a rom upgrade? :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The schedule was for release Feb/Mar time, but there has been a lot of speculation into delays possible due to legal reasons

But now MS has offered legal support to manufactures etc who embed the MS technology, so my guess will be that we will soon start to see rom become available

Guest nastassja

i posted this question in another thread but since it's pinned i don't know if it was very appropiatte.. in any case:

i tried to use i-mate_SP5_NRE_1.5.333.0.exe to install the new i-mate rom to my qtek 8310, but i get an error 294: invalid vender id. my phone is unlocked, is there a way to install the i-mate rom?

regards.

Guest nastassja

i finally did it :)

well imate seems to be more focused on updates, qtek updates are very difficult to get since they will only provide them updates if you purchuased the phone in finland!

Guest roma0803

Well, we will have to see about that as soon as updates are available. For now it's only speculation and in my opinion there is no reason yet to void the warranty of your phone.

It seems a lot of people are messing with their phone to get updates no brand or operator has published. Maybe you're right, we'll see.

Guest rsearley
i posted this question in another thread but since it's pinned i don't know if it was very appropiatte.. in any case:

i tried to use i-mate_SP5_NRE_1.5.333.0.exe to install the new i-mate rom to my qtek 8310, but i get an error 294: invalid vender id. my phone is unlocked, is there a way to install the i-mate rom?

regards.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not sure why you would be trying to do that now, as the rom you are trying to install is not an updated rom, it is simply the same as the original rom, except it is Northern Region English

My be worth just waiting a few weeks, and then see what both imate and qtek are doing..

You will see plenty of posts on forums as soon as roms are released, along with lots of Q&A about what has changed for the better and for the worse!!

Guest nastassja

cant wait for the update, there are several things that could improve a lot.. do you know if the quality of the camera can improve with an update? it really sucks :/

Hopefullt there WILL BE an update soon AT ALL, coz AFAIK a new update is only rumors. I NEVER seen any official text about it. Actually I've never seen any UNofficial text about it either, besides here at modaco.

/Eminos

Guest markymarky

This was posted by a Qtek administrator on the official Qtek support forum (www.qtek.nl) on 5 Feb 2006 in the section "Qtek 8310 ROM Updates" in reply to the question when the new AKU2 update for the 8310 is expected.

QUOTE(Qtek support forum>Qtek 8310 ROM updates @ Feb 5 2006)
  "Naar verwachting is deze update omstreeks Maart 2006 beschikbaar. Als

geregistreerde gebruiker krijgt u hiervan automatisch (per e-mail) bericht.

Met vriendelijke groet,

Qtek Nederland"

==============================================

Translated into English:

"This update is expected to be available around March 2006. As a

registered user you will be automatically notified of this (by E-mail).

Best regards,

Qtek Netherland"

==============================================

Sounds pretty official to me 8)

/Mark

Ok, it clearly sais MARCH there. The only month I've heard people talking about the last 2 months was FEBRUARY ... in other words = a lot of rumors = bullshit ...

/E

Guest Desecrator
Can people PLEASE at least link to a source when posting dates and stuff ?!?!

/E

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, I checked www.qtek.nu site just now, and it's there, the problem is that the download times out when I try to download it.

I guess they are working on it, there are 1 upgrade for swedish/norwegians and 1 for germans.

/des

Hmmm, it's the same version that we already have. 1.5.321.2. .. :)

But hey! It's good enough, for now :)

---

Available ROMs

Caution! Please install only updates from the country where you purchased your device. Other updates will NOT work and serious errors may occur. Generic updates will only work with non-operator devices. We are not responsible for any damages resulting from inappropriate use of the update files. Please read the update instructions carefully.

Sweden & Norway

http://www.qtek.nu/downloadRom.aspx?file=/...om=Upgrade_ship Sweden & Norway, 14 December 2005

German Generic

http://www.qtek.nu/downloadRom.aspx?file=/...010400_ship.exe German Generic, 24 January 2006

---

Hmmmmmmm, after posting this I noticed that THE GERMAN one is a newer one that the swedish one that I should use ... hmm .. trying out the german one now :D

---

[EDIT3]

"ERROR [294] : INVALID VENDER ID

This update utility can not be use for your smartphone. Please check your update utility."

---

[EDIT4]

Ok, I managed to change the CID, and now I'm updating with the German one. Hope everything will be OK ...

---

[EDIT5]

Works fine. I have no idea what the changes/updates are though. I lost Swedish T9 / characters with this update, but that was expected, I will manage to do without it 'til the proper new update comes.

Pain in the ass to reinstall all software now .. :D

/E

Edited by Eminos