Phone pad refuses to appear?

Guest grumpydad

Guest grumpydad

I've had my O2 XDA mini-s for a couple of days now, i seem to be having a problem with the phone pad on screen.

When you power it up for the first time, pressing the little "phone" symbol on the left brings up the on screen keypad to make calls without having to slide out the main keyboard.

After using other apps you press the "phone" symbol and one of 2 things has been happening:

[1] - icon flashes and beeps but nothing happens

[2] - call screen appears without the keypad, pressing the button "keypad" doesn't bring up the keypad :?:

If you power down the handset and power it up again everything seems to be ok for a while before happening again. I have even tried to use task manager to close all apps before calling but this still doesnt help. Lastly i did a factory reset and again everything is ok for a short while before it all happens again ;)

Anyone got a solution for this?

Am i alone or is anyone else experiencing the same trouble?

Guest grumpydad
Same problem with my iMate Jam - no solution seenĀ  ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well knowing i'm not alone in this is a start, contacted the supplier who said....send it back and they will replace, i have to pay for superduper delivery else they wont replace and it will take 28 days, i'm seriously considering just sending the thing back within my 14 day cancellation period and seeking a replacement elsewhere.

Guest Disco Stu

I've read on another PPC site that the problem is caused by Todays screen plugins hogging the necessary resources.

In short, it's a problem with the OS and not fixable by owners.